UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updating Windows Server With No Internet Access, Any Versions    

dmhzx
post Mar 15 2016, 07:06 AM
Post#1

Windows Server 2012.

The powers that be have decided to disconnect it from the outside world.. (So no internet)

Can anyone point me to, or give me a guide on how I might get the Windows server 2012 updates downloaded onto a windows 10 laptop, and then where to copy them to in order to install them please?

I've done some on line searching, and much like UA, it all seems to stop at server 2008 R2

All tips gratefully received.

Thanks
David
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Mar 15 2016, 08:10 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Normally, you can download standalone versions of the update, for example: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=35607

dmhzx
post Mar 15 2016, 09:00 AM
Post#3

Thanks Daniel.
Based on your post. I found I could list ALL the server downloads, and page through till I found ones that mentioned server 2012.

The whole download centre is VERY unfriendly though.

I can't find anywhere where I can search for Server 2012 downloads, and get them in descending order of dates.
From the link you sent me,
go to the top of the screen and select Windows
This gives you the top 10 downloads
Scroll to the bottom and select view more
This defaults to sort by relevancy, but since there isn't a search criteria the most relevant is for Direct X end user runtime Web Installer from April 2011 (Hard to imagine that being the most relevant for anything really).
But there is a radio button for servers. Click that and the most relevant is for Windows server 2003 for Itaniumn based systems. It is from 2011.
But there is also an option to select newest to oldest, so all I have to do is to page down that selecting any updates placed since the last time I checked.

Presumably if my server says I'm on Windows server 2012 standard, that is NOT Windows Server 2012 R2?
So I'm no my way!
Thanks again
David

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:10 PM