UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Project Error, 2013    

BattleCat
post Mar 28 2016, 08:25 AM
Post#1

My client is getting an error when trying to open a MS Project file. The file opens for everyone at my office without issue on MS Project 2010 and 2013. The error my client is getting is
"This file failed to open properly last time, do you want to continue to try opening? " It fails to open when selecting yes. Any ideas? The internet doesn't seem to have an answer on a search.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 28 2016, 08:53 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Not a lot of experience here with MS Project, but that error message suggests a corrupted .mpp file.

Perhaps it was shut down improperly before. In any case, the solution may well be to restore the most recent backup.

BattleCat
post Mar 28 2016, 09:04 AM
Post#3

I understand where you are coming from. We have given them multiple copies and always the same thing, but we can open it fine. It is totally baffling. It has to be something on their end. I just can't believe there isn't more information out there on this error.

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 28 2016, 09:55 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

So you're saying that even with a new copy of the mpp, they get the same message?

Two or three things come to mind.

Repair/reinstall MS Project on their computers. It may be a problem with the application itself.

How are they obtaining the new mpp files? Is it possible they are trying to open them from a thumb drive or from a network location not designated as a Trusted Location? Or perhaps inside a ZIP file? Something like that?

BattleCat
post Mar 28 2016, 10:45 AM
Post#5

We upload to a secure web site, they use a password to download it. The password is good for one time only. Nothing is zipped.

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 28 2016, 10:48 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Hmm. That's interesting. And you've repeated the transfer multiple times with the same (bad) result.

So, that possibly points to a problem with MS Project on their computer. Have they done a repair/reinstall of the application?

BattleCat
post Mar 28 2016, 11:38 AM
Post#7

I told them that was the next thing to check. See if they have the same issue with other files, and repair the application. We will see.

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 28 2016, 11:39 AM
Post#8

UA Admin

Please keep us informed.

Best of luck with the project.

nowbout64
post Oct 26 2016, 12:47 PM
Post#9

Did you apply Open&Repair function, usually it helps to get back office data.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 11:32 PM