UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Mysql Odbc 5.3 On 64 Bit Windows 7    

PeterK
post Apr 16 2016, 12:36 PM
Post#1

My SQL 5.3 ODBC driver installs fine on a 32 bit pc but I get a 1918 error when installing on a 64 bit pc - both for the 32 and 64 bit versions of the driver. This appears to be a known error which is supposed to be solved by installing .Net Framework 4 Client Profile and Visual C++ Redist. VS2013. However installing this software fails to solve my problem. I have no problems with the 5.1 version.

Here is the error...
Attached File  UA16042016a.png ( 15.4K )Number of downloads: 4

Does anyone have an suggestions of what else I can try ? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

PeterK
post Apr 22 2016, 02:40 AM
Post#2

The MySQL ODBC forum has a number of posts relating to problems relating to 5.3 installs on various platforms.

One post mentioned the installation of C++ 2013 as a solution. I had already tried this without success, however after running the install again in repair mode, both the ANSI and Unicode drivers installed without error. Install issues therefore seem to a little unpredictable.

Another point is that it is possible to have both 32 and 64 bit drivers on the same pc. And, although a 5.3 install removes any earlier version of the same bit number, you can put earlier drivers back by re-installing after 5.3. Access 32 bit works with both 32 and 64 bit drivers.

I am a great fan of Access + MySQL - the power of a free client-server database with Access's powerful UI and reporting tools makes for some really powerful low-budget cloud solutions. Ajax browser application platforms are getting smarter by the day but I don't think they can yet match an Access - MySQL solution - unless the client has a large developer budget.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 08:01 AM