UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 14 Years And Counting!    

argeedblu
post Apr 26 2016, 11:20 AM
Post#1

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

26 April 2016

As April 27th, 2016 dawns over the Pacific, the UtterAccess community celebrates another milestone, the 14th anniversary of our founding. Congratulations to our many members whose willingness to share their knowledge and their searches for new knowledge with their peers keeps UA alive and vibrant. Over the years, we may have changed our look but never our focus on peer support and always striving to be the the premier Microsoft Access help forum.

We've come a long way since our A3 beginnings but none of what we are today would even be possible without our founder Gord, our volunteers who keep the ship afloat behind the scenes, our moderators and administrators, and our dedicated VIP group.

Happy Birthday UtterAccess!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 26 2016, 11:33 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations to UtterAccess!

Thanks to Gord and all the members of UA for its continued success!!

cheers.gif

River59
post Apr 26 2016, 11:55 AM
Post#3

Happy Birthday, UtterAccess!

I don't even want to think where I would be without you in my life. You have been there with your knowledge, guidance and support to get me though some pretty dark hours ...
Thanks to all the incredible people who keep this site up and running and keep us mere mortals coming back for more.

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 26 2016, 12:05 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

I don't know where I would be without Gord, UA and the rest of the UA Community. It's been a pleasure and a constant source of wonderment.

No matter how much I think I know, or how clever I think I am, I am constantly being surprised, delighted and awed by the contributions of our colleagues.

So thanks to Gord, and the many contributing members who make it what it is.

bredmell
post Apr 26 2016, 12:13 PM
Post#5

I found this site by accident many years ago trying to find a solution to a problem. The members here are far and away the among the most knowledgeable, friendliest, most patient and helpful group of people I have come across when it comes to solving problems and camaraderie. A huge thank you to everyone who has contributed and worked so hard to make this site what it has grown into today. Happy Anniversary UA!

Bruce

uarulez2.gif cheers.gif

doctor9
post Apr 26 2016, 01:16 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess Editor

From the newest noob to the longest running admins, I salute you all! cheers.gif

Dennis
uarulez2.gif

GlenKruger
post Apr 26 2016, 02:59 PM
Post#7

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Wow how time flies by and I have enjoyed every minute of it!

Happy Birthday UtterAccess and many more!

Thanks Gord for keeping our sandbox open to everyone so we can all play together.

penfold098
post Apr 26 2016, 09:26 PM
Post#8

Happy Birthday UA ! uarulez2.gif

This site is my primary source for awesome tips and tricks for enhancing my databases and Excel workbooks.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!

Steve_Woodhouse
post Apr 27 2016, 03:20 AM
Post#9

I started using this site many years ago and not only has it resolved numerous problems but it has vastly improved my knowledge and every day I learn something new. I had an 11 year absence from Access but since returning in September 2015 it has continued to be a fantastic site which I visit every day without fail. Thank you all for your help and continued success !!

DT_madness
post Apr 27 2016, 06:26 AM
Post#10

Haps Births UA!

ghubbell
post Apr 27 2016, 07:46 AM
Post#11

UA Administrator

Greatest thanks to all those who contribute so selflessly and those who provide the wonderful challenges to keep everyone's minds engaged.
Without the questions and the answers, UA is little more than a blank page so I have to say, it's an absolute pleasure to be among such extraordinary people - an extraordinary family!

Thanks again to you all!

notworthy.gif

Gord

AlbertKallal
post Apr 27 2016, 11:39 AM
Post#12

UtterAccess VIP

14 years! Wow, I actually thought it was much longer!

UA is an EASY standout in terms of the “go to” Access forums where I spend my time learning, and posting about Access.

I can with MUCH EASE say UA is the best of the best when it comes to Access forums.

Well done!

Of course, it took me some time to “land” and find UA. In fact I had been a Microsoft MVP (Access) for about 4 years, and NEVER heard of UA.

And how did I find this site? I was attending a Microsoft (MVP) summit in Redmond. Of course walking around the summit I would smile as encountering familiar Access MVP’s that I had come to know and love over the years as we posted side by side on-line. The feeling was much like meeting old friends at a high school renumber - but better since you saw their posts on line near every day. A real fraternity of passionate Access people.
So far, so good!

Then there was this crazy and strange bunch of people, all wearing Access MVP attendance badges, and they had something to do with milk, cows and were utterly interesting.

I wondered who the heck are these people were? I knew they could not be dairy farmers.

I mean, what the heck, one guy even has Cyber Cow on his shirt! This is crazy! These are NOT normal people, are they?

Here is one picture I took of these people I NEVER heard of!

The amazing part is after meeting this “un-known” to me gang of Access outcasts, cowboys and utterly fantastic people, I was hooked!

Can’t believe I missed such a “gem” of a group.

Anyway, ever since that meeting in Redmond, I sighed up, joined UA and the rest is now history!

Once again, congratulations.

I STILL EVERY DAY am having a TOTAL blast and a great time posting and learning here! Keep it up folks!

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) 2003-2016
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

JVanKirk
post Apr 28 2016, 10:32 AM
Post#13

UtterAccess VIP

AWESOME!!! Most bestest place in the whole wide web to get help on Access!!

I didn't realize I've only missed two years of UA life lol!!

EvilBert
post Apr 28 2016, 04:45 PM
Post#14

Hippo birdie two ewe, hippo birdie two ewe....

Happy birthday UA.

When I first started to get serious about application development I visited a number Access based forums. Today I only visit one smile.gif

For me it comes down to the community here. I always get helpful and friendly advice.

The core group of members (you know who you are!), that tend the offer the most help to noobies like myself, are awesome people, who never seem to tire from giving us advice.

Cheers UA, here's to another 14 (at least!).

Kind regards,
Michael

DougY
post May 3 2016, 05:38 PM
Post#15

Utterly Abby-Normal

A bit late to the party, but I brought the scotch (and we're talking about the top shelf stuff).

Times flies when we're having fun. UtterAccess is where I asked questions, answered some, and in the process made friends - online and offline.

Here is to the next one cheers.gif

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 11:30 PM