UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access 2007    

grooter
post May 23 2016, 02:59 PM
Post#1

I have one question for acces 2007.
Is there someone how knows is you kan program a barcode scanner within Access 2007?
If you know this then I need a lot of help to get it done.
Go to the top of the page

BitBangerUSA
post May 23 2016, 03:13 PM
Post#2

i'm not clear on what you want to do...

sounds like maybe you just want to have the barcode scanner output placed in a field on a form - easy enough as most scanners will emulate keyboard input - have you tried it?

or are you actually wanting to program the scanner from Access? that seems unlikely...

doctor9
post May 23 2016, 04:09 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

grooter,

A barcode scanner is essentially the same as a keyboard to Access. When you scan a barcode, the value scanned is sent to the computer like keystrokes from a keyboard. Depending on the scanner you purchase, you can set up simple options like sending a hard carriage return or a Tab after the scan data. That way you can (for example) have your cursor in a textbox on a form. Then, you scan the barcode and the scanned value is "typed" into the textbox. If the scanner is configured to send a "Tab" character after it's done, the cursor would move to the next form control in the tab order.

Very little of what I just described is actually handled by Access. You certainly don't "program" the scanner with Access. Instead, the scanner is just a different sort of input device that can get data into Access, like a keyboard.

Since much of what you need to learn is dependent on the scanner you use, you'll likely want to contact the scanner's manufacturer for advice on how to configure it.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

grooter
post May 24 2016, 02:41 AM
Post#4

All the workers have a number in the database. I want to use the scanner to see who puts thing in the database or sels it out of the database. thats what I am trying to do.
Sorry writing in Englisch isn't so easy for me, I had a brain haemorrhage in October last year. pleas be pacioned for that

doctor9
post May 24 2016, 08:36 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess Editor

grooter,

> I want to use the scanner to see who puts thing in the database or sels it out of the database.

This doesn't have anything to do with a scanner, really. You may as well try to see who has typed on a keyboard in the database - it's essentially the same thing. Fortunately, that doesn't mean what you want is impossible.

To track this sort of information, you will need to figure out who is using the COMPUTER at a given time, not the scanner. If your users log into the network with a unique username and password, you should be able to grab that information with a simple function like this one.

Or, if your users don't do that, you will probably want to create your own custom "log into the database with a username and password" setup that doesn't allow the user to scan things until they enter a username and password. Then you can use THAT information to track who is using the computer.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

dmhzx
post May 24 2016, 10:55 AM
Post#6

Depending on how secure you want this
Environ("UserName")
will tell you who is logged on to the COMPUTER.

Based on the comments in the link Dennis provided, that will tell you who is logged on to the NETWORK at the time.
Two different things, that could return the same value. (They don't where I am).

Not sure if that's any help.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2017 - 09:27 PM