UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visual Studio Community 2015 Installation    

jabez
post May 31 2016, 09:55 AM
Post#1

I am trying to install Visual Studio Community 2015 onto Windows 10. I have installed it on one machine (Windows 10) with no problem. On the other machine I receive the message - "A Setup package is missing or damaged". However, each time I uninstall and re-install I get the same message but for a DIFFERENT package. I have had the firewall turned on and off. On one occasion I managed to install 10 packages of 125, another time 25 packages of 125. Every time it reaches a different point and fails.

I appreciate any advice and help.
Go to the top of the page

R. Hicks
post May 31 2016, 12:17 PM
Post#2

UA Forum Administrator

How are you trying to install ???
Are you running an install from the internet, or from an install stored on your machine or network, or are you installing from an external drive or a CD/DVD ????

From your description .. it sounds like possibly corrupt installation file(s) or media (bad cd/dvd), unstable internet connection.
I could also be a bad cd/dvd device on the machine (if used).

R.

jleach
post May 31 2016, 12:19 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

After a failed install, I'd check Programs and Features and remove anything that might be there, then do a system reboot before attempting to install again.

As an added measure, if required, a tool like CCleaner can scan your registry and get rid of unused entries which may be interfering with a badly mangled installation, but this hasn't been near as much an issue in recent years as it was back in the XP/Vista days.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 08:39 PM