UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timeline - Like Charts, Except They Are Not About Time, Visio 2016    

javert
post Jun 27 2016, 03:21 PM
Post#1

Hi guys.

Since I work in a laboratory, I'm usually dealing with concentrations of substances or another numeric properties. To show better whether the quantities are high or low, I want to display them in a horizontal line, which marks along that line positioning the desired values.

Basically, I want to create the equivalent to a timeline, but with numerical (double) values instead of date values or timestamps. Shouldn't be difficult to implement, but I don't know how to search for it. Number line brings the academical tool for early school purposes and line values or line graphs brings poligonal, 2D charts. A good example of what I want is the pH scale, with different minimun and maximun limits, an optional scale and the ability to put marks at specific values with some text on it.

Anyone here knows if there is a Visio template for this or an Excel graph?

EDIT: Some further search and I have finally found that what I am looking for is an horizontal gauge chart. The question now is: is there a template or a quick way to create an horizontal gauge chart. Being Visio, it could be useful if it could take an Acess or ODBC table for data and draw the chart automatically.
Go to the top of the page

kfield7
post Jun 27 2016, 08:28 PM
Post#2

I suggest searching this forum for Gantt chart, and substitute your base values for the dates.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 12:43 PM