UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Colors on forms, Any Version    

gemmathehusky
post May 30 2016, 04:34 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

I used to use white text on red labels for warnings, and white on blue for info, but found that on some monitors, they were really hard to read. (I find greens difficult to see also)

I tend to use black on yellow now, as it is always easily readable.
Go to the top of the page

JonSmith
post May 31 2016, 04:38 AM
Post#2

http://www.formulate.com.au/blog/perception-3-colour

There is an interesting article of the use of colour and how different people can perceive it differently and some suggestions of appropriate use including examples of colours with good contrast and colours with poor contrast.

It also has a small note on the cultural significance of colour

Problem is, these colour associations are not consistent across cultures. Colin Ware tells the story of an Asian student in his laboratory who chose to represent deleted entities with the colour green and new entities with red. The student explained that green symbolises death in China, while red symbolises luck and good fortune

SerranoG
post Aug 25 2017, 07:18 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Here in the USA, web designers are also conscious of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The colors we use are influenced by the ADA. For government web sites, we are obligated to follow lest we get sued. For example, the use of red and green together (if someone wanted to use traffic light colors to emphasize when to stop and go) is not allowed due to color blindness. We have to either slightly vary the color so that the hue is not exactly red and green or use another way to relay the message. There are other considerations, too, besides colors.

--------------------
Greg Serrano
Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 02:52 AM