UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot Get Full Form On Remote Screen On Tablet, Windows Vista    

ebwhittaker
post Aug 21 2016, 06:41 PM
Post#21

When I connected to the office computer all that was showing for the RDP was a small bar at the top .. I finally clicked on the two boxes (Min/Max) and it opened the pull down to select Smart Size ... So, will now have to log in from the tablet and hope that fixes it
thanks
Ed
Go to the top of the page

ebwhittaker
post Aug 21 2016, 06:59 PM
Post#22

When i connect using the android tablet the screen that shows does not have the same title bar only a small area showing the ip address and a keybosrd icon to bring the tablet keyboard up
Unfortunatly the form still displays the same way ..

AlbertKallal
post Aug 22 2016, 10:25 AM
Post#23

UtterAccess VIP

Right, but as I pointed out windows XP, windows 7 RDP client also does not expose that option via the GUI.

As pointed out, the “vast” majority of RDP clients simply create a config file of settings – those settings are sent to the server.

I just spend what, 5+ posts stating that RDP clients in windows XP or windows 7 don’t expose the smart-resize feature via the GUI, but ALSO pointed out that the feature is still available.

Anyway, the story about leading a horse to water comes to mine here

You need to find a RDP client in which you can edit the settings file that “most” RDP clients allow use of. The setting in those examples are changed via the GUI, but they don't change or modify the RDP config file that you can save.

In the case of windows xp, or windows 7, you thus have to SAVE the config file (as noted the GUI has a open and a save option). You have to save that RDP file, and then edit it with notepad.

If the RDP client you using on Android does not support a saved "config" file, then you have to adopt a RDP client that allows saving of such files - you also of course by logic then have to edit that config file. I never used a Mac computer, but was able to find the location of the saved RDP file - used a USB jump drive, copied the file over to windows - added the smart resize setting, and then copied back the RDP settings file back to the MAC.

Please read that article again. You simple have to edit the config file - this is going to be the case for older windows RDP cleints, Mac/Linux clients, and yes of course Android RDP clients also.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

ebwhittaker
post Aug 22 2016, 11:43 AM
Post#24

Got Ericom accesstogo and it shows the form 99% full screen so it certainly works better than MS rdp .. i just don't care for the mouse, etc. But it does work

ebwhittaker
post Aug 22 2016, 11:47 AM
Post#25

I did read and set the smart size on my rdp with windows but there is no way, that i know of, to set the config in the android ms rdp .. wish there was cause i like the interface

AlbertKallal
post Aug 22 2016, 11:56 AM
Post#26

UtterAccess VIP

I don't use Android, but it would be beyond strange that such clients don't support importing or editing of RDP files.

This one for example supports import of RDP files:

https://www.xtralogic.com/remote-desktop-client-for-android/

So, fire up the windows RDP, save the RDP file - then adding the smart re-size setting. Now import that .rdp file to the Android device and you should be done.

A 15 second reading also shows that some Android RDP clients support importing of a RDP file. Simple ask around in some Android forums as to which RDP clients support a config file.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

ebwhittaker
post Sep 3 2016, 10:35 AM
Post#27

Thought I would post an update as to what I have found.
Got a windows 10 tablet and the original RDC from MS for tablets does not support resolution, however the new Beta does - But it is really 'funky' and does not support screen rotate and the mouse control is terrible. On my Android table I found a gamut of remote desktop programs but only two support a high resolution setting and allow screen rotate, Neither was a MS product.
All that being said the two actually worked fairly well and I could at least see the entire form on screen and rotate it

The Smart size option was not available when using the Remote Desktop on a tablet but is using my PC to connect with. I also ran the remote desktop manager on the server but it again had little affect on the windows 10 tablet connection.

As much as I would like to use Windows 10 tablet it looks like that option is not going to be !

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions
Ed

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 12:43 PM