UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newcomers Reading List Attachments    

NzSpb
post Sep 3 2016, 03:21 AM
Post#1

Hi and thanks to all the contributors for making this site available. As a newcomer I was trying to do the right thing and read the information as suggested in the above-mentioned reading list. The first three zipped word docs all fail to open in Word 2016.

Using Firefox and Edge same result. Usual stuff close and reopen, restart etc.

Word Help suggests using a document text recovery option but this seems to apply to Word 2007 and doesn't seem to available in my Office 360 version. I assume as it is Office 360 I have the latest versions of File managers zip programs.
No issues with other downloads etc.

Curious if others are having any issues with downloading off the UA site?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve
Go to the top of the page

argeedblu
post Sep 3 2016, 04:29 AM
Post#2

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

Steve,

welcome2UA.gif

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties opening those files. That's obviously a problem we will have to address on a broader scale. However, for now, perhaps this solution will get you started. I have attached zips of pdf's of the documents. You should be able to open the pdfs in Acrobat Reader. You mentioned the first three zipped Word documents so I hope I have identified the correct files.

Attached File  ACCGeneral_Planning_a_Database_pdf.zip ( 36.71K )Number of downloads: 5

Attached File  343208pdf.zip ( 22.18K )Number of downloads: 4

We wish you well in your learning adventure.

Glenn

NzSpb
post Sep 3 2016, 11:47 PM
Post#3

Thanks Glenn for such a prompt response.

It never ceases to amaze me that you folks take the time to share your knowledge and experience so freely and efficiently.

Awesome I can now open the PDF's.

In fairness I believe now that the download issue is more elusive and random as it has affected other files I have downloaded recently. So more than likely it has nothing to do with UA's site. Likely culprit is the automatically updated Win 10 release received a few days ago. The noise on the net seems to indicate such sporadic behaviour with the OS. I guess I will live with it for a while as the few fixes I've tried didn't work. The joys of Windows as a Service.

Thanks again for your great service :-)

Steve

CyberCow
post Sep 4 2016, 08:57 PM
Post#4

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

Steve - are you attempting to open the Word docs from within the Zip folder? If so, therein dwells the problem. I believe if you first extract the documents from zip file and place them in an unzipped\compressed folder, they should open just fine. Please let us know. Thanks.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 10:32 AM