UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transaction In Ms Access 2010    

Akudey
post Sep 16 2016, 02:30 PM
Post#1

Hi UtterAccces,
I know MS Access support Transaction in a Database that is not split, I also lent MS Access does not support Transaction on remote data.
--------------------------
1. Now, does it support Transaction with Link Table with MS AccessBE ?
2. Does it support Transaction with Link Table over ODBC driver, for instance, Table from MS SQL server or MySQL server ?
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Sep 16 2016, 02:41 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

To use Transactions, you use the BeginTrans, CommitTrans, and Rollback methods of the Workspace object. See How to: Use Transactions in a DAO Recordset for details. (Don't worry that it says Access 2007, and that the documentation "is archived and is not being maintained": it's the same in all versions, I just couldn't find another reference!)

In theory, it should be possible to use the same approach for ODBC connections. However, it's possible PRB: DAO Transactions to ODBC Database Can Hang Application might still be an issue, so you might want to use the workarounds at the bottom of the article.

Akudey
post Sep 16 2016, 03:02 PM
Post#3

Thanks Doug for the quick response, I will check the links out and play around the codes to see how it works.

AlbertKallal
post Sep 16 2016, 10:48 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

The fact of linked tables to an accDB back end does not change the use of transactions.

Just keep in mind transactions don’t apply to forms, but only reocrdset code.

I should also point out that linked tables to an access back end does not use ODBC. In fact if you attempt to link to access tables via ODBC from access you find it is not allowed!

However, as pointed out, the DAO transactions via recordsset code will work just fine on linked tables to a access back end, or to SQL server back end.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

Akudey
post Sep 17 2016, 06:35 AM
Post#5

@Albert
-----
in fact, I must confess that I never knew that Access don't allow ODBC connection to AccessBE.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
best regards.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 10:25 PM