UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quicken Home & Business Question, Access 2007    

Kruzer
post Sep 24 2016, 07:36 AM
Post#1

Sorry, I know this is not an Access question. Just wondering if anyone using Quicken Home & Business can tell me if it would allow me to track expenses by animal/pet? I can't get the screen shots on the website up to get a better look at their layout and don't want to spend the money if it won't allow me to do this.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 24 2016, 08:29 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

You can set up categories with sub-categories for expenses. So, the answer would be "yes". When you do reporting the sub-category expenses are shown along with the aggregate for that category.

Kruzer
post Sep 24 2016, 08:33 AM
Post#3

Okay. Thank you.

On another thread, I think you were helping me with a letters to santa database. I will need to have that available soon. Do you think you might have a chance to look at it again for me? If not, no worries.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 24 2016, 08:49 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Sure, I was wondering how that all turned out. It would be good to see the progress.

Thanks.

BTW:

This is what their Categories look like. I can imagine an Expense Category "Pets" with subcategories for each type of expense, e.g. vet, grooming, etc. and a further subcategory by pet name under each of those. I added a sample for Auto:Ferry:WA State as an example. I don't know how many levels deep it can go, but at least two below each category.

Attached File  2016_09_24_6_47_39.jpg ( 80.58K )Number of downloads: 9

Kruzer
post Sep 24 2016, 08:54 AM
Post#5

I think two would be all I want. Thanks for the sample picture!

Can data be uploaded from Excel or flat file? I know data cleanup would be required but better then entering everything.

Kruzer
post Nov 5 2016, 10:47 AM
Post#6

How do people enter personal transactions with tax separately? I would like to be able to track costs before taxes, e.g. product/service amount + tax = amount deposited/withdrawn but not have to enter every transaction as a split. I started an Access db but of course it doesn't have the functionality of Quicken.

--------------------
Cheers,

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 08:55 AM