UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rain! Glorious Rain!    

tina t
post Oct 23 2016, 07:53 PM
Post#1

it's raining in the IE! Hurray!!!!!! :)
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 24 2016, 12:25 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

thumbup.gif

LeeAnn
post Oct 24 2016, 12:29 PM
Post#3

Please send some rain our way, we need some here on the Gulf Coast. I cannot remember the last time we had a good rain.

DT_madness
post Oct 24 2016, 01:23 PM
Post#4

I think it's been about two months since we've had rain in NW GA. The last hurricane gave us some bright sun shiny days.

tina t
post Oct 24 2016, 02:35 PM
Post#5

really sorry, folks, but i'll confess to being stingy - even the so-called El Nino last year didn't do much for SoCal directly. we'll take every drop we can get! and i'll say this has been a really nice event for us, especially this early in the season; we've had periods of rain (and lightning/thunder) on and off since late yesterday AM, into this AM. i doubt we got much accumulation, though, except in some specific spots of heavy downpour, maybe. i'm hoping for more (well, not the lightning), but haven't see the weather forecast. tina

LeeAnn
post Oct 24 2016, 03:24 PM
Post#6

Be that way Tina....lol. We are not sue any rain that I can see for the next 10 days. Will say this though, the weather has been beautiful as the temps are down and the humidity is not bad. The summer time here the humidity can get so bad and temps are high, I step outside for 30 seconds and I am drenched in humidity and the temperature is in the high 90's or low 100's. You want to feel heat, come down to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and you will feel it between June and late September. The good thing though we usually have rain storms around that time. Around this time of year we really do not get much rain unless it is in the form of a tropical storm.

jhcarrell
post Nov 4 2016, 09:41 PM
Post#7

We had a small shower last night for the first time in well over a month.

We've been experiencing a lot of grass and forest fires lately. Of course the gas line explosion doesn't help matters in that area either. You could see the smoke from both Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.

--------------------

tina t
post Nov 5 2016, 08:35 PM
Post#8

a month? that's a long time for Alabama! but there has to be a first rain, for the rainy season to get started. here's hoping for more rain for you folks, Jonathon, and for us, too! :) tina

--------------------
"you can't take the sky from me"

LeeAnn
post Nov 7 2016, 09:24 AM
Post#9

The Gulf Coast is supposed to get rain the next few days, maybe North Alabama will get some also. The weather has been great here, the temperature has been mild and not bad for the humidity. So here to rain the next few days and may we get soaked. thumbup.gif

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

JHolm
post Nov 7 2016, 11:34 AM
Post#10

I will be happy to provide all the rain you want. We had 28 days of rain in October, a total of 356mm (14 inches), and November isn't looking much better! Now we just have to figure out how to make it go somewhere else iconfused.gif

tina t
post Nov 7 2016, 06:26 PM
Post#11

geez, 14 inches! that's an average year's accumulation, or more, in much of SoCal. pls, pls share! ;) tina

--------------------
"you can't take the sky from me"

LeeAnn
post Nov 8 2016, 02:48 PM
Post#12

We just received some rain this morning and more is on the way, but we need a little more than what we are going to get. I suppose though I will not complain.......

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

jhcarrell
post Nov 8 2016, 06:31 PM
Post#13

Pretty much the entire state is in the highest level of drought. thumbdn.gif

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 08:51 AM