UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Word's Grammar Checker    

doctor9
post Dec 7 2016, 05:24 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

This isn't a question or a problem. I just saw this and laughed out loud at my computer monitor, then decided to share it with you.

Hoping you is having a Merry Christmas! dontknow.gif

Dennis
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Grammar.bmp ( 19.62K )Number of downloads: 18

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Dec 7 2016, 05:54 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Your computer must obviously be detecting that you are close to that other country to the North, Canada, eh? It's just being helpful. Just as I am sure my computer would autocorrect "you" to "y'all" if it detected where I live!

Merry Christmas to y'all ... SEE, look what it did!

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

dflak
post Dec 8 2016, 10:42 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

I find the spell checker (2016) to be rather Spartan. It recommends dropping adjectives and adverbs such as "actually" in "The data actually indicate." Often the sentence can get by without the adjective or adverb, but sometimes you do want the emphasis. "While it is commonly believed that A=B, the data actually indicate A=A. becomes "While it is believed that A=B, the data indicate A=A."

Also as Dennis pointed out, sometimes the spell checker has an issue finding a verb's antecedent.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 08:00 PM