UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Grab Edge Of Form To Resize In Design View, Access 2016    

ws1o
post Jan 12 2017, 09:40 AM
Post#1

Has anyone else noticed that in recent versions of Access it's almost impossible to grab the edge of a form to resize it in Design View? It's as though my mouse cursor doesn't want to change to a resize arrow and let me grab the edge...it's infuriating! Sometimes takes me 2 or 3 minutes of wiggling the mouse to resize a $#@! form! Never had this trouble before Access 2013/2016. Or could it be a Windows 7/8/10 thing? Argh.... pullhair.gif
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jan 12 2017, 09:46 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

There were several suggestions regarding this on Uservoice. The Access Dev Team supposedly addressed those relating to controls and relationship diagrams. If you're still experiencing problems, I'd urge you to start a new suggestion related specifically to the object border/edge.

https://access.uservoice.com/forums/319956-access-desktop/

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2017, 09:51 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

This has been an issue in several places, including the query designer where grabbing the tables is also a problem.

MS is aware of, and working on, such problems. They've announced fixes for some of these items. Please participate in the feedback at the User Voice site in order to make sure they continue to get a clear picture of the issues people face. They do respond, as you can see.

As Daniel already stated.

ws1o
post Jan 12 2017, 10:12 AM
Post#4

Thanks for the replies, at least I'm glad I'm not alone!

DanielPineault
post Jan 12 2017, 10:16 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

They do respond, as you can see.

Not my personal opinion. crazy.gif You didn't see my post access.uservoice.com A Year In Review obviously.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2017, 10:17 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Again, I'd urge you to participate in the on-going feedback at the User Voice. Doing so gives the Access team important information about what concerns their customers. They can use that feedback to better focus their efforts to restore Access to its preeminent place in the small business database environment. And I'm sure we all agree that THAT is a good thing to work towards.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2017, 10:29 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

Somehow Daniel, I missed your post.

On the other hand, I DO read the User Voice forum regularly. That's where I see Michal, who is the head of the Access development team, responding from time to time. Of course, sometimes she says, "No, that's not going to be done", but she also responds to other requests, such as yesterday's announcement regarding ODBC connections, with a more pleasant message, i.e. "DONE!"

Digmen1
post Jan 14 2017, 02:02 AM
Post#8

Yes that new Access User Voice feature is amazing.

I have used it and also the Feedback options for Word and Excel.

And yes it is VERY hard to resize query design windows.

I have heard that it is due to the high res screens we now use.

But MS do need to fix it, as I waste so much time on what should be an easy task.

DanielPineault
post Jan 14 2017, 09:15 AM
Post#9

UtterAccess VIP

I have heard that it is due to the high res screens we now use.

Even if that is the case, there is no reason why this can't be calculated at runtime and adjusted. It goes once more to show that products are no longer being properly tested internally and the general user base is now being used as guinea pigs. One can only hope people vote on your suggestion and MS decides to implement it (sadly the numbers are greatly against you on this point, fingers crossed though).

ws1o
post Jan 17 2017, 08:08 AM
Post#10

That doesn't sound right; I can grab and resize windows on most other applications. I've only seen it in the Design View for various Access screens, such as Form Design, Report Design, Query Designer, etc.

DanielPineault
post Jan 17 2017, 08:34 AM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

Actually, there are a number of issues linked to high res and multiple monitors.

ws1o
post Jan 19 2017, 08:06 AM
Post#12

It's annoying, and for me it only happens with MS Access, I can use the mouse to resize the windows in all my others programs just fine.

rsindle
post Jan 19 2017, 08:22 AM
Post#13

UtterAccess VIP

One of my biggest pet peeves nowadays as well. I would THINK this would be an easy fix.
And its not just in query designer, its EVERY object and every control.
We just notice it more in the form/report and designers because that's where you have to resize things the most.
I have already contributed to the User voice thing, but no love yet.
Thanks for letting me vent too!
pullhair.gif
R-

Digmen1
post Dec 22 2017, 11:24 PM
Post#14

I check Office 365 Feedback occasionally (its really good) and there are also lots of requests for improvements in this whole area.

Michael (I think) the guy from MS who answers says it is on their to do list! (but he said that last year!)

Imho, MS have not done much on Access in the last year or so.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2018 - 09:58 AM