UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Default Toolbar / Ribbon, Access 2016    

adrianscotter
post Mar 7 2017, 06:56 AM
Post#1

Hi guys, does anyone know why the default toolbar / ribbon stops responding? I use Office 365, latest updates installed and when designing forms in particular, the commands in the ribbon stop working, I can still change things in the Property Sheet for said object but not via the buttons on the ribbon. I have done both repair installs and a full de/reinstall and still the thing freezes. I have to save everything, leave Access and go back in for it to work again. I cannot find any correlation between what I'm doing and the ribbon freezing and it happens in various different databases, some upgraded from previous versions of Access and some written from scratch in Access 2016 (O365). It's annoying me now because I cannot find a solution anywhere. Anyone else come across this? Thanks in advance guys.

PS And I just noticed that it's not only the ribbon. I never noticed before but also on the Account page, none of the buttons work either. Now I'm really baffled smile.gif

--------------------
Jack of all trades, master of none!
Go to the top of the page

HiTechCoach
post Mar 7 2017, 03:36 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

When VBA code encounters an error and code execution halts it will disable the ability to do lots of stuff until the code resumes execution or is halted.

Also, is the database a trusted document or in a trusted folder?

--------------------
Boyd Trimmell aka Hi Tech Coach ( HiTechCoach.com free Access stuff)
Microsoft MVP 2010-2015 - Access Expert
Inventory Control, Accounting, BPM, and CRM Software Developer
"If technology doesn't work for people, then it doesn't work."

adrianscotter
post Jul 16 2017, 05:18 AM
Post#3

My apologies for the delay, I've been away smile.gif All of my (single) networked folder is trusted as are the sub-folders but I do use MZ tools and I think it may be connected to that, O365 Access 2016 seems to have some issue with MZ tools. More investigation required... and thanks for coming back to me HiTechCoach.

--------------------
Jack of all trades, master of none!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:12 PM