UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reporting Broken Links    

Jaiket
post May 3 2017, 02:39 PM
Post#1

Hello,
Is there a standard way to report broken links in UA? If the post is locked, or if the link is outside the forums, you can't do it by replying.

There is currently a broken link on the UA homepage :

<a href="/forum/Categorized-Table-Conten-t1980020.html">Code Archive Table of Contents</a>

-------------------------------------------
Off-topic:
I just registered to UA, and I'd like to say to say happy 15th birthday, and thanks for all the help I found here before registering.

--------------------
UA = Unsurpassable Assistance. Couldn't do it without you.
Go to the top of the page

jwhite
post May 3 2017, 02:44 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif
Not sure how you are getting that abbreviated URL, but I see http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/Categoriz...n-t1980020.html and it works fine, and the opened link refers to another link: http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/CAIndex.html

--------------------

Jaiket
post May 3 2017, 03:13 PM
Post#3

Indeed it does work! In fact a load of things that didn't work 30 minutes ago are working fine, such as most of the links top right of the UA pages. Maybe its because my registration was not quite active. There were also a load of seemingly broken links on the newcomers reading list (such as the first five in the fourth block of links). They are all now working fine.

I got the abbreviated URL from the code inspector in Firefox.

Thanks for answering.

--------------------

doctor9
post May 3 2017, 03:29 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

Jaiket,

There's no "official" strategy to use for this sort of thing, but posting your question in the UA Q&A forum was a great idea. And, as you can see, if you just need to report a single post in a forum discussion, there's a "! Report" button under each post that allows you to report things like abusive language, spam, and other such things.

welcome2UA.gif

Dennis
UA Editor

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

Jaiket
post May 3 2017, 03:40 PM
Post#5

Thankyou Dennis

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 02:09 AM