UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Set/check Which Form Is Default, Access 2010    

doctor9
post May 12 2017, 01:00 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

As part of my "roll your own security" setup for a database, I've noticed that even when you save the frontend as an ACCDE file, the user can change the form that is opened by default when the database opens (the one set by going to File->Options->Current Database->Display Form).

Is there a way to check which form has been selected? If I detect it's been changed from my password/login form, I'd like to know about it. Ideally, I'd like to revert the setting back to my password/login form.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post May 12 2017, 01:04 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

How about a custom ribbon that disables the backstage?

Or deploying it as a runtime, which should also disable the backstage?

--------------------

doctor9
post May 12 2017, 01:13 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

George,

I'm considering those as options as well. This isn't medical stuff or anything where I'm legally required to protect the data. It's just a bit more sensitive/proprietary, so I'm taking my first steps into making a more secure user interface. I've been fortunate enough not to have needed to do this before.

Right now my plan is to just detect the change and notify me via a hidden "admin messages" table of my own design. If I ever see a record in that table, I'll go talk to the user who triggered it and see why they changed the default form. If I don't like their answer, I'll go from there.

Dennis

EDIT: Found it. CurrentDB.Properties("StartupForm")

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 04:53 AM