UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VBA Code, Access 2000    

bakersburg9
post May 20 2017, 09:06 PM
Post#1

Anyone have examples of VBA code in ADP? I'm reading the chapter on "Creating Access Data Projects" in an Access 2000 book I just picked up. In the section on running the NorthwindCS sample project, it says:

" Open the NorthwindCS.adp project in the ... \ Office \ Samples folder. If you haven't started MSDE, VBA code in the Startup module starts MSDE for you. "
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post May 20 2017, 11:10 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

Ouch. All of those software tools are pretty much obsolete. Do you have to use this version of Access and ADPs? Can you not upgrade to a newer, supported version?

I was surprised to learn that MSDE is still available as a download. Do you have it installed? If the code is available to you in the samples that come with the book, can't you just run it?

bakersburg9
post May 21 2017, 05:28 PM
Post#3

there are no samples with the book - the book was referring to the sample Northwind db - this is for a contract job where a company that had ADP wants to convert - I believe .... to .accdb
Thanks for the input...

*EDIT* - Ooops - there are samples - maybe - on the CD - believe it or not, I don't have Access on my desktop, and my laptop is on the fritz - need to get it fixed

Steve

GroverParkGeorge
post May 21 2017, 06:24 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

I would expect code samples to be on a cd or available for download, yes.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2018 - 10:10 AM