UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Sharepoint Online Site From Access Form, SharePoint 2013    

NielsDB
post Jun 8 2017, 04:43 AM
Post#1

Hi,

I'm in the process of converting a web app to a native Access FE. I've got a table storing URLs from Sharepoint so users can access sites by clicking on the URL in the access form. In the Web App this is a natural way of working because you're already in the browser.
But from the Access form clicking on the URL gives an error stating Unable to openhttps:abc.sharepoint.com/site/etc.aspx. Cannot download the information you requested.
It is probably an issue that has to do with Sharepoint online needs a login redirect. Don't know how that works exactly.
This does work from Excel or Word, but not in Access.

Anyone experienced this and hopefully solved this in the past?

regards,

Niels
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 8 2017, 04:58 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

It will go a long way towards helping us help you if you can provide specifics about HOW you are trying to create these links.

--------------------

NielsDB
post Jun 8 2017, 07:06 AM
Post#3

Hi George,

The links are created by concatenating strings from a number of other fields. The string is a base URL followed by department site and subsite strings.
The link itself works fine when you copy and paste in the browser or if you paste it in Word and then CTRL-click it.
The problem lies in authenticating for Office 365.

I think I found a solution / workaround for it. I made a startup form with a web browser control wich I point to my Sharepoint site.
After authenticating I load the form containing the hyperlinks. When I click on them they open magically in the browser.
Why, how? I don't know, but it works. Only have to make it a bit more elegantly.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Niels

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 04:39 PM