UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows 10 Tablet And Windows 10 Mail, Access 2016    

nobby
post Jun 18 2017, 05:27 AM
Post#1

Hi All
I have a program that works well on my PC ( it produces a report, converts it to PDF and attaches it to OUTLOOK, ready for emailing
However, when I transfer it to windows 10 tablet ( it only has windows 10 mail installed ) it fails telling me that there is no program associated with it, I have an email account set up on mail
I have looked at windows 10 associations and as far as I can see I've done everything i can to associate IE open .eml with mail
Can anyone tell me if there is code to open windows 10 on the tablet (The one on the pc is

Shell "outlook.exe"
thanks

rob

--------------------
One day I may be able to help somebody in return
Go to the top of the page

PhilS
post Jun 30 2017, 06:27 AM
Post#2

I have a program that works well on my PC ( it produces a report, converts it to PDF and attaches it to OUTLOOK, ready for emailing
However, when I transfer it to windows 10 tablet ( it only has windows 10 mail installed ) it fails ...

The cause of this problem is that the Windows Mail App is not MAPI compatible.
If wrote about this in the text "Sending Emails with the Mailto-Protocol". Unfortunately, the crude workaround described there will not work to send an attachment. So, I'm afraid you are out of luck unless you install another mail client.
If it is an option to send the email directly, without using a local mail client, you could look into sending the email with CDO.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 11:29 PM