UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preferred Way Of Running Ms Access Project For School (on A Cd?), Access 2010    

felixkiprono402@...
post Jul 17 2017, 04:41 AM
Post#1

hello guys, I have recently completed a School Management System using Ms Access 2010. My worry is file corruption by virus or even illegal records manipulation by users. The school where the project belongs to are not serious in investing in antivirus installation. So i fear installing the system directly on their PC and was looking for an alternative ways of using the program in a CD.
Is burning the project on a CD-RW appropriate and more secure than direct installation? Please help. Nice day
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jul 17 2017, 06:32 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

It would make no difference, even CDs, DVDs, USBs, External Drives ... are all compromised by viruses if the system is infected. Sadly, you have no real options in such a case besides scanning everything at your end, if and when you port the files back to your system.

On a side note, many experts now believe anti-virus is a thing of the past and a complete waste, and that the battle nowadays is malware/data harvesting.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 17 2017, 07:51 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Are your worries realistic?

Do your users engage in behavior that leads you to think they are going to be infected by malware/ransomware? Are they so incompetent or dishonest you can't trust them to respect the integrity of the data in the system?

If the answer to either of those questions is "Yes", you have a much bigger problem than whether your Access database is safe.

As Daniel says, putting the accdb on a CD wouldn't address either of those concerns.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 10:08 PM