UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has The Sent Email Been Opened?, Any Version    

fab1
post Jul 26 2017, 08:40 AM
Post#1

Hi All, I am trying to automate a process in our Access/CRM. I want to create a function that will check if a sent email has been opened.
After doing some research I believe for me it’s only possible via a 3rd party supplier. We currently use Outlook & pop3 accounts.
I had looked at bananatag as they have an outlook add-in which sends you an email to say it’s been opened. I suppose I could set up an outlook rule that all bananatag emails are moved to a specific outlook folder then that folder could be linked to the DB and then used as a comparison against the tblSentEmails.

Anybody managed to accomplish this without a 3rd party supplier or had any dealings with bananatag or any other suppliers?

Thanks
FAB1
Go to the top of the page

ADezii
post Jul 26 2017, 09:02 AM
Post#2

I want to create a function that will check if a sent email has been opened.

You may be able to reference the Read Property of a MailItem Object. This Property returns a Boolean Value indicating whether or not the E-Mail has been Read. I can only assume that if it has been Flagged as Read, then it must have been opened and vice versa.

theDBguy
post Jul 26 2017, 10:51 AM
Post#3

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Have you looked into whether you can use Read Receipt with VBA? Just curious...

PS. Perhaps something like:

.ReadReceiptRequested = True

Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

fab1
post Jul 26 2017, 11:49 AM
Post#4

You may be able to reference the Read Property of a MailItem Object. This Property returns a Boolean Value indicating whether or not the E-Mail has been Read. I can only assume that if it has been Flagged as Read, then it must have been opened and vice versa.
Hi ADezii, Thanks for the post. Hmm i think that's more for a received email.

.ReadReceiptRequested = True
Hi theDBguy, Thanks for the post. I had started with the ReadReceiptRequested = True but I was under the impression 1.The receiver can ignore the request. 2.Some email clients/isp/spamfilters automatically treat readreceipt requests emails as spam emails!

Any other thoughts guys?

theDBguy
post Jul 26 2017, 11:58 AM
Post#5

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Yes, ReadReceiptRequest is just a "request" after all, so the user has the option to ignore it. Otherwise, you'll need a third-party add-in to "force" the issue. I think Outlook (or MS) does not like to twist the users' arms, so most features err on the side of safety/security.

Just my 2 cents...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th December 2017 - 01:08 AM