UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Desktop Functionality Completely Available In Awa's, Powerapps And Flow, Access 2013 Web App    

RobKoelmans
post Aug 18 2017, 03:19 AM
Post#1

We welcomed our first customers to AWA in the past weeks. If they have a msAccess desktop version attached to their AWA-Databases, we now have all macro's, VBA-procedures, CRUD-queries in there available to AWA-end users. We use this to send a pdf-invoice in automatically by pressing a button in an AWA browser session. This is also available to PowerApps and Flow. So Flow can send invoices periodically. So, if you have 20 or so years of Access desktop development - it all can be integrated safely with end user functionality now within AWA's/ PowerApps/Flow.

On behalf of this, the AWA-hosting agreements get a base price of 10 euro's and tariff for the first 5 users goes from 10 to 8 euro per month (next 5 to 10 users remain 5 euro's a month). You have to have Office365 to use your MS-Office license in our remote desktop server. This is necessary to maintain and link your desktop application to the AWA-database and can of course be used to maintain your Access Web App as well.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Aug 18 2017, 06:59 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

This is really exciting news, Rob.

I'm letting the Access team in Redmond know.

--------------------

RobKoelmans
post Aug 18 2017, 11:56 AM
Post#3

Thanks, George.
The PowerApps/Flow connection to Desktop Access can also be done from Azure quite easily. You just create an Azure Function for that in minutes, so they may be interested.
It'll only be much more expensive on Azure because each developer will have to hire his own VM with Remote Desktop or perhaps Windows10 VDI while we share one RDP-server that all developers use. I don't think they offer that in Azure.

I'm discovering I should have paid much more attention to Access Desktop, the past ten years. :-(
Rob

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 02:09 AM