UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Treeview - No Object In This Control Element. Runtime Error 438, Access 2016    

Cengix
post Aug 21 2017, 01:16 PM
Post#1

Hi guys,

I have a problem to open the treeview in MS Access. I think it's since the last windows update.

I'm getting an error message when I start the program:
"There is no object in this control element.
Runtime error 438:
Object does not support this property or method."

The debugger marks one line yellow in the VBA code: "CreateTree TreeView0.Nodes".

I didn't change anything since the last time. There it has still worked.
I did the following steps, but they all didn't help:
- reinstalled MS Access
- repaired MS Access
- exchanged the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.ocx, unregistered and registered it
- updated VB6 to the latest version
- added the database again

I hope that someone can help me!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Fehler1.JPG ( 16.04K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Fehler2.JPG ( 22.32K )Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  Debugger.JPG ( 21.12K )Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

mklein
post Aug 21 2017, 02:16 PM
Post#2

Try and open the form in design view, delete the treeview control, and insert a new one. If your code relies on the name of the control anywhere, make sure you rename the new control to what the old one was. See if that fixes the problem.
hth
Mark

--------------------
| Mark Klein | Access 2010 | Windows 10 | Visual Studio 2013

DanielPineault
post Aug 21 2017, 03:57 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif

There is current a new bug that was recently introduced with the mscomctl.ocx (I believe mscomctl.ocx 7.0.45.30876) which impacts numerous ActiveX controls including the TreeView control. MS is aware. From what I have heard, if you have an MSI installation, you'd need to uninstall KB4011051 and for CTR I think you can't do much of anything to address the issue but wait for MS to release a update to fix the update.

Some people have reported that they got things working again by replacing the faulty mscomctl.ocx with MSCOMCTL.OCX 6.1.98.46 (or older).

This illustrates why you should never use ActiveX controls as much as possible. I'd urge you to review https://www.devhut.net/2017/06/15/great-acc...eeview-control/

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 09:01 AM