UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing Setting In Runtime?, Access 2010    

nuclear_nick
post Sep 6 2017, 06:07 AM
Post#1

I've been trying to use this here, but I don't know if I'm missing something, so maybe someone could tell me what to look for.

The issue is that I follow the directions... run the code, add 'PopUpGeneric' to form, and it works... until I close and re-open the database. I'm finding that I have to re-run the code each time I open the database in order for it to work, so it's almost like I need to add it to the auto-exec or something, so that it runs all the time. Doing a little more digging, I find that before I run the code again the 'PopUpGeneric' exists, but doesn't appear to work, until it is deleted and re-created.

So is there a setting missing that would make this permanent, or do I go ahead with adding this in 'startup' code?

EDIT for additional information...

Found missing (not 'MISSING', just not selected) reference to 'Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Library'. 14.0 was there, just not 15.0, which apparently may be required. So it has potential.

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 6 2017, 06:33 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Without commenting on that code, let me point out that the Office reference on YOUR computer will be to the currently installed version of Office on YOUR computer, not what is shown as being installed on someone else's computer. If you have Office 2010, then you should have (and set a reference to, apparently) that version of Office, i.e. 14.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 6 2017, 06:43 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

My guess would be that, inasmuch as that code appears to be set up to create a custom environment for your accdb at start up, you will need to run it at start up. And the best place to do that would probably be to call in in an AutoExec macro.

--------------------

nuclear_nick
post Sep 6 2017, 06:50 AM
Post#4

I guess my issue was with the understanding from reading the thread I linked was that I just 'run once and forget it', not that I had to run it each time I opened the database.

So I was looking for, in shorter words (I get in trouble at work for being verbose at times), confirmation that I had to run it every time the database opened, not just the 'run once and forget it' I'd assumed.

I am running 32-bit 2010. Why is 15.0 even on my computer, then? Strange.

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 6 2017, 06:54 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

Well, I would interpret that to mean, "run once at the start of the session", not "run once for ever after".

So you are saying you have BOTH reference libraries available on your computer? Perhaps you installed an A2013 trial at some point, or have a runtime version? Or?

--------------------

nuclear_nick
post Sep 6 2017, 08:11 AM
Post#6

Well, I would interpret that to mean, "run once at the start of the session", not "run once for ever after".

I can adjust my startup... not a problem. Just good to know.

So you are saying you have BOTH reference libraries available on your computer? Perhaps you installed an A2013 trial at some point, or have a runtime version? Or?

First, not 'my' computer, unless you mean my 'work' computer. I have limited permissions as to what I can install/remove without going through our IT department. So... checking into it, could it be because there is a piece, 'Skype For Business' that is the only thing that exists in an 'Office 2013' folder?

All I do is develop in the version of Access they give me. smile.gif

EDIT: Just thought I needed to say this as well... Thank you for taking the time to answer, George! uarulez2.gif

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 6 2017, 08:16 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

I think the version difference is probably a side issue in this case.

We're always happy to help.

Continued success with your project.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 12:46 PM