UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Write Conflicts, Access 2010    

Brepea
post Sep 14 2017, 05:12 AM
Post#1

Hi - i have literally just created a solution for a client...FE (.accde) and BE. FE on a network shared folder and the BE on user's c:drive. I tested it yesterday with just 1 user - and there was a write conflict - hey? Is this possible? I've not experienced this before. The actual error happened when user clicked to open a form which simply offered the user a combobox to select a value - the user selected a value and then hit "cancel" button (i guess they wanted to see what happens when cancel is clicked) - then they immediately went into same record to do the same thing but this time selected the value and clicked 'save' - then the write conflict appeared/...? I just can't replicate the error in any shape or form - any ideas why this would've/could've happened - should it be something i need to further investigate as I would hate other users in a multi-user environment to experience the same.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 14 2017, 07:14 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

"FE on a network shared folder and the BE on user's c:drive. "

First, are you sure that's how it's deployed, or is this a typo? The "FE", or Front End, is the one containing forms, reports, queries and code. That goes on the user's C drive. The "BE", or Back End, is the one with tables. It goes on the network so that it can be shared by many users.

That said, since we can't see how your user is interacting with your application, we can't really guess what may have happened. Since you can't replicate the error on your own copy of the FE, it's even harder to guess.

Maybe you need to quiz the user in more detail about the exact sequence of steps they followed.

--------------------

Brepea
post Sep 14 2017, 08:56 AM
Post#3

Ah!! That's funny - yes an error for sure...BE on shared server and FE on c:Drive.

I watched the user...and did as explained.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 14 2017, 09:43 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

And you SAW the error as the user raised it then?

Was the user able to reliably replicate it? That's an important part of troubleshooting.

--------------------

Brepea
post Sep 14 2017, 11:01 AM
Post#5

Yes I saw, and was watching it happen as it happened. We couldn't get the error to appear again....

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 14 2017, 11:05 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Unfortunately, if it's not replicable in YOUR environment, it's hard to diagnose what might have caused it.

One thing I usually recommend is to put a break point in the top of the code and step through it line by line.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 06:57 AM