UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nesting If Statements, Office 2013    

LearningMom
post Sep 15 2017, 11:37 AM
Post#1

I am trying to nest "if statements" in word there will be six altogether, but wanted to start with three for testing purposes. I have made several adjustments based on what I can find with samples online but nothing seems to work, the first statement is the only one that shows up. I know I am just not seeing the missing piece. The wording inserted for each if statements is just a test for now.

I have attached the file.

Thank you.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sample_Nesting.zip ( 9.05K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

BruceM
post Sep 15 2017, 01:35 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

To what If statements are you referring? The document is not macro-enabled, so I'm not sure where to look.

LearningMom
post Sep 15 2017, 01:51 PM
Post#3

I can't seem to cut and paste and I guess just saving it in a word doc doesn't work either. So I am going to attempt to write it and hope I don't make any errors.

Please note I am using CTRL+F9 for brackets when I do this in word.

{IF{MERGEFIELD Fund_description_1} = "2017 Fund - Arts" "ARTS." "{IF{MERGEFIELD Fund_description1} = "2017 Fund - Athletics" "ATHLETICS." {IF {MERGEFIELD Fund_description_1} = "2017 Fund_Financial Aid." "FINANCIAL AID." "" }}}

BruceM
post Sep 15 2017, 02:07 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, so I'll leave it to others who have also downloaded the attachment to see if they can come up with anything.

I should mention that this is predominantly an Access forum, and a number of the users are also quite skilled at Excel, but support for Word may be hit or miss. If you don't get a response here fairly soon you may want to try the Microsoft Office Forums. A number of the Word users in that forum are quite skilled in the programming aspects of Word.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 07:54 AM