UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Network Interruption Error, Access 2010    

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 08:45 AM
Post#21

Ok i browsed and found this article within this forum: http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2030538

There - the last post says to check: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access and to move this.

I browsed and found these files there:
Attached File  UA_1_NetInt.png ( 16.59K )Number of downloads: 0

Then I looked at one of the system tables which showed some strange characters in it as follows:
Attached File  UA_2_NetInt.png ( 57.97K )Number of downloads: 2

To me it looks like a corrupted entry. What's effect of deleting these files?
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 29 2017, 10:08 AM
Post#22

UA Admin

That mdw file belongs to the old User Level Security process which was dropped from the accdb format. If you are still using an mdb, it may or may not be relevant. Did you implement ULS?

Don't touch the system tables. They are there for Access, not for developers nor users.

--------------------

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 10:12 AM
Post#23

No, no ULS implemented. Just 2010 .accde / .accdb

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 10:16 AM
Post#24

When I open my application on the c:Drive - the System.mdw opens an .lbd

Minty
post Sep 29 2017, 10:24 AM
Post#25

Ignore that post and it's advice. It is a one post wonder with no follow up.

DO read the other advice from HiTech Coach, it's pretty much backing up what others have said including myself.

I have a situation with a remote building that is connected using a dedicated high speed wireless link - I get no end of issues with "database problems"
Doughnut of doom, "hanging", crashing out. I run the self same db on a remote desktop machine from the other side of the world, no issues.
This should be telling you everything you need to know.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 29 2017, 10:37 AM
Post#26

UA Admin

That makes no sense, then. If you are running an accdb connected to an accdb, or an accde connected to an accdb, you shouldn't have the mdw involved at all.

Was this upgraded from an mdb which did use ULS at some point?

--------------------

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 11:17 AM
Post#27

Not sure Grover...they have had .mdb around - i've seen them as i was searching for other .accdb...I just don't like that "chinese" writing / characters...can i delete these?

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 04:46 PM
Post#28

Even when i create a totally new blank database this .mdw file has a .ldb lock on it - as if it's linked somehow to the current application (when there is clearly no USL) and i'm most definitely using .accdb/?

Anyone have any ideas what i should do - i'm worried about those strange characters...

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 04:46 PM
Post#29

Even when i create a totally new blank database this .mdw file has a .ldb lock on it - as if it's linked somehow to the current application (when there is clearly no USL) and i'm most definitely using .accdb/?

Anyone have any ideas what i should do - i'm worried about those strange characters...

Brepea
post Sep 29 2017, 05:47 PM
Post#30

I see that an add-in is in Access - does anyone know anything about this - i can't seem to think Access requires a Bluetooth add-in - safe to delete?

Attached File  Access_Add_In.png ( 59.47K )Number of downloads: 3

Brepea
post Sep 30 2017, 02:22 PM
Post#31

Hi All, has anyone got any ideas at all on the add-in (it will not let me delete it) and about the .mdw file (i deleted it, and then when i opened an Access.accdb the .mdw appeared again.

Brepea
post Oct 2 2017, 05:55 AM
Post#32

Anyone?

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 2 2017, 07:37 AM
Post#33

UA Admin

No one else could say whether it is "safe to delete" in YOUR environment. You can remove it and see what happens, though.

--------------------

Minty
post Oct 2 2017, 08:27 AM
Post#34

I'd be surprised if it has any negative outcome, but take a backup and remove it.
I think you are chasing a red herring here though, this is not going to solve, or have any effect on the underlying issue you originally asked about.

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 2 2017, 08:43 AM
Post#35

UA Admin

With regard to what appears to be a retained link to that mdw file, that's just not typically the case unless the file was originated as an mdb and ULS was used with it. And even then, I don't really think it's relevant to your problem.

As minty suggested, take a back now.

Then try creating a new, clean, empty accdb. Import everything from that existing accdb. Move the mdw file, or rename it. Launch the newly created accdb and see what happens.

Regardless, that's not going to have any impact your network problem, IMO.

--------------------

Brepea
post Oct 2 2017, 09:13 AM
Post#36

Does anyone else have that chinese writing in the MSysGroups table///?

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 2 2017, 09:23 AM
Post#37

UA Admin

Maybe, maybe not. It depends a lot on what they are and how they get there.

At a more general level, though, most developers stay out of the system tables....

It's generally not something that leads to profitable results.

It could be an indication of corruption of some sort.

If I were in your position, I'd devote more attention to network related issues since that's what you're trying to address. Things like Add-ins and system tables tend not to be highly correlated, IMO, with network performance.

BTW: That table would be related to the System.MDW file which is associated with User Level Security. It's "probably" an encrypted reference to either a ULS group or a ULS password. Stay out of it; nothing good can come from messing about in there.

--------------------

Minty
post Oct 2 2017, 09:28 AM
Post#38

I've just checked and I too have one of those files, but I still open .mdb's occasionally, and the date seems is possibly from when I last did that.
I too have Chinese characters. The world is still spinning.

I do vaguely seem to remember that if you delete system.mdw then, as if by magic, Access will create anew one when it is required.

I also have an active system.ldb lock file that is obviously live as it has todays time and date on it, even though I only have open an accdb file.

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 2 2017, 09:30 AM
Post#39

UA Admin

Interesting. I do not have one, but I installed a clean copy of Office 2016 on this rebuild of the OS and never opened an mdb.

My guess is, again, the "Chinese" characters represent the encryption in the ULS system and should NOT be touched by developer hands.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 2 2017, 09:32 AM
Post#40

UA Admin

I take that back. There's a system.mdw inside a ZIP file I created in 2005 2003 and saved in an archive folder.....

--------------------

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 05:42 AM