UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pause Macros When Opening Forms, Access 2007    

LeicsChris
post Oct 10 2017, 07:59 AM
Post#1

Hi All

I have a call log form which both gives the data to the staff about the company they are calling, and which the staff enter the results of the call.

Should the staff book an appointment then I have an appointment form which pops up and self populates the fields so ordinarily the staff just need to enter a date and time of the appointment, all the other details are auto transferred.

My macros carry on after this is done to control what happens at the end of the call. This could be go to next call (Goto next record) or it may close the call form and return to another form from here the staff initially started. An example could be where they had a 'Task' set to call the customer and clicked from the task to go to the call screen, and then need to return to the task form to see their next task.

I am finding that the appointment form opens up and before the user has entered the date and time the macro is continuing and opening the task form again over the top of the appointment form and as I have turned off the top menus and close buttons the staff cant access the form.

Is there a way to pause the macros until the required input has been done. I have tried the 'Dialoque' option on the open form command which does stop the flow of the macros but also then stops the auto population of the other fields like names and addresses and contact numbers.

By the way, I know the populated info is already in the system and good practice says only store it once, but each appointment is unique and although can be booked for and be the same location and name as our call log already has, sometimes a client may wish to meet at a different location, or send a different member of their staff so we record the appointment uniquely. We auto populate to save the user time in having to type the information again and give a 'clear' button to clear the fields on the occassions that the information differs.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Oct 10 2017, 09:01 AM
Post#2

no, macros are linear. all or nothing.
you can make 1 macro run, enter data, then click something to finish with the next macro.

LeicsChris
post Oct 11 2017, 03:31 AM
Post#3

Good morning,

Thanks. I can't really do that as the macro is a second stage macro, ie. it runs from an original macro based on certain conditions.

I did however get round it by changing the appointment form to a modal and pop up form which forces it to stay on top and in focus.

Thanks

Chris

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th December 2017 - 11:32 PM