UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Import 4 Different Excel Files From One Folder, Access 2016    

NewtoVBA
post Oct 19 2017, 03:39 PM
Post#1

Would someone please remind me how to import an excel file that's located in a folder that has a different name each day.

I have to import 4 different excel files each day.
Each day the file names are different, except for one word in the file name (Work, Home, Time)
Becuase in the past the files have been manually opened then modified and resaved in the same folder, there are hundreds of these types of excel files, but I only need the ones created the same day.

What would be the easiest way for me to import these files while but clicking a button or hitting run also using the system date for today's date? Macro or VBA

Thank you for your help
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Oct 19 2017, 03:41 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

NewtoVBA,

Sounds like you have a clearly defined rule, assuming the people naming the new files are following this rule. Can you give specific examples of the four files from two different days (eight total)? That would help to see exactly how this rule is being applied.

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

NewtoVBA
post Oct 19 2017, 08:38 PM
Post#3

Is there a simple way I can create a click on and have it open a folder browser that lets me go to the folder and select the file? That sounds simple, how would I create a macro or VBA that opens a browser?

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 01:31 PM