UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove / Disable View Buttons In Status Bar?, Access 2007    

HairyBob
post Oct 20 2017, 08:09 AM
Post#1

I am currently designing an accdb format database using Access 2007.

I have been trying to either disable or hide the View buttons in the right-hand side of the Status bar which I've now managed to do using:

CODE
Application.SetOption "Show Status Bar", False

However, this removes the whole Status bar so that Status bar messages are no longer displayed... Whilst this isn't a problem for me, I was wondering if there's a way to either hide or disable the View buttons (and Zoom slider when viewing reports) without removing the whole status bar. I've tried all combinations of Office Button -> Current Database -> Allow Full Menus and Allow Default Shortcut Menus without success.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

--------------------
If it was easy, It wouldn't be fun!
Go to the top of the page

Minty
post Oct 20 2017, 09:39 AM
Post#2

I think they are displayed based on the allowed available views on the current form.
So if a form is set to allow datasheet view yes , allow layout view yes , then you will get those view buttons displayed.

Turning then all off except Form view means they can't do a lot - especially if your distribute an accde.

HairyBob
post Oct 27 2017, 08:04 AM
Post#3

Thanks Minty - much appreciated...

I found that setting Allow Datasheet view to No, Allow PivotTable View to No, Allow PivotChart View to No and Allow Layout View to No gets rid of the respective buttons.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way of getting rid of the Design View button - and I must deliver an .accdb, so I'll just have to stick with hiding the status bar.

--------------------

Minty
post Oct 27 2017, 08:57 AM
Post#4

I've just discovered that if you set a custom shortcut right click menu, that seems to disable all other normal menu options, including getting rid of the design view option.

Might be worth a try.

HairyBob
post Oct 30 2017, 10:29 AM
Post#5

Thanks Minty... I'll give that a go when I get some time to have a look at it thanks.gif

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 01:20 AM