UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding To-do's To Microsoft To-do (office 365), Access 2010    

JohnvanSomeren
post Oct 23 2017, 09:37 AM
Post#1

My program sends a couple of dozen e-mails each day to tell various users that they are now assigned to this or that debtor, or that a property is now empty and needs to be cleaned and so forth and so on. I used to add an Outlook task, but some users didn't ever get the hang of these and asked for e-mails instead. I use the CDO.message object to send the e-mail to Outlook365 courtesy of code I found on this web site.

Microsoft now has To-Do as part of Office 365 (I only came across it an hour ago), and it looks like our users would accept it and it has an API! It uses the Public Outlook Tasks REST API Outlook Tasks REST API. I have read several articles earlier this year on REST and I am still no wiser. The article on the API is way above my pay grade (I used to be very accomplished in COBOL and Fortran.)

Is it likely that I can download VBA code that will allow me to add a To-Do, just like I downloaded code to send a task to Outlook and ditto to use the CDO.message object? I would build it into a function with parameters for user's e-mail, task title, schedule info etc and which update event in the main program sent this To-Do.

Have I set my expectations too high?
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Oct 23 2017, 11:33 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

The issue here is that it is a new feature, so finding someone that has taken the time to create the necessary VBA code to interact with the API and then hope that they publicly posted it for others to use ... I'd find it unlikely.

Google et al. is your best bet, but I'd think it unlikely.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 01:55 AM