UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Office 2003 Or Earlier Menu System In Access 2007 Or Later, Access 2010    

hafsarabic
post Oct 29 2017, 11:56 PM
Post#1

Hi,

I’ve got a database with accde extension. It’s menu and toolbar style is as like as Office 2003 or earlier version. A sample screenshot has been attached in the attachment. I’ve tried a lot to make my database like this without success. How can I do this?

Regards,
Abu Hafsa
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MS_Access_Interface.jpg ( 37.29K )Number of downloads: 34

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Oct 30 2017, 06:04 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

There are addins you can buy that can do this, but seriously, after 11-12 years now, you are fighting a loosing battle. Embrace the ribbon and move on!

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

hafsarabic
post Oct 30 2017, 06:09 AM
Post#3

This is to mention here that, if I create any custom toolbars or menu bars using previous versions, they appear in the Add-Ins tab.

hafsarabic
post Oct 30 2017, 06:15 AM
Post#4

Daniel Pineault,
Thanks for your reply.

But seriously, after 11-12 years now, you are fighting a loosing battle. Embrace the ribbon and move on!

wink.gif

This system is more secure to hide the Navigation Pane permanently. Otherwise user can easily get access to Navigation Pane using "Privacy Options". Is there any way to hide the "Privacy options" option from the "File" menu?

Regards,
Abu Hafsa

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 30 2017, 06:19 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

You can create a Custom Ribbon.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 30 2017, 06:33 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

You'll find a really outstanding tool for creating custom ribbons on Gunter Avenius site

Disable the Shift byPass Key.

Create a custom ribbon, compile your database as an accde.

That's about as good as you're going to get.

--------------------

hafsarabic
post Oct 31 2017, 05:05 AM
Post#7

May be I could not explain the matter clearly. I want to disable or hide the "Privacy options" option from the file menu (please check the attached picture to get more information). Your above mentioned database can't do that. Is there any way please?

Regards,
Abu Hafsa
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Disable_or_hide_privacy_options.jpg ( 111.87K )Number of downloads: 5

hafsarabic
post Oct 31 2017, 05:33 AM
Post#8

I've got a solution from the following post http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/hide-priv...s-t1993995.html . It hides "Privacy Options" from the the File menu. But I can still access the Options dialog box using "Customize the Ribbon" option by right clicking on the tab. How can I completely disable that too?

Regards,
Abu Hafsa
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MS_Access_Interface.jpg ( 108.23K )Number of downloads: 8

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 31 2017, 07:20 AM
Post#9

UA Admin

You can compile the application into an accde and only give users the Runtime to use it.

But seriously, why are you going to this length?

Are you afraid users might somehow abuse the application?

--------------------

hafsarabic
post Oct 31 2017, 12:41 PM
Post#10

Hi George,

I've developed an application which will I distribute free of cost. It's most important processes are query based. By adding more features, I will develop a commercial version of this application. But its light version will always remain free. Most of its similar applications are online based and according to users view none of them are comparable with it. My application is offline based and have some online features e.g. SMS integration. I'm afraid some commercial developer may somehow abuse it.

Regards,
Abu Hafsa

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 31 2017, 04:21 PM
Post#11

UA Admin

Ah, I see.

I think you'll need to release it as an accde, with no ribbon, or a custom ribbon. But you can't control whether people will run it under full Access, so it may be for naught.

Given the goal, I'd suggest searching previous discussions here on the topic of preparing a database for distribution to the public.

--------------------

hafsarabic
post Nov 1 2017, 02:03 AM
Post#12

Dear Sir,
Many Thanks for your valuable suggestions which will help me to secure my database.
Regards,
Abu Hafsa

JonSmith
post Nov 1 2017, 03:24 AM
Post#13

The thing is dude most of us could probably get into the privacy optiond for the 'classic menu' database you link to if we wanted to.

You can pretty securely protect your code and forms by compiling but thats it, the rest can only discourage messing with the database.

You can use a custom ribbon to control what you see on the backstage too (the part with the privacy options) but again if you know how this is easy to bypass.
I wouldnt even be surprised if there is a keyboard shortcut to pull up that menu and I am unaware of any way to suppress that!

If you need more security or have concerns that someone will use your work then you must either use a different program or simply dont share it with the public and sell it with a licence

DanielPineault
post Nov 1 2017, 05:20 AM
Post#14

UtterAccess VIP

See https://www.devhut.net/2016/09/01/securing-...base-front-end/ it may offer a few tips.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 06:13 AM