UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Macro On Navigation Forms, Access 2013    

cmace_bra
post Oct 30 2017, 08:54 PM
Post#1

I am working with an database in access 2013. It is using navigation forms. What I am trying to do is have two parameters on a report that is being opened when you click the command button located on the ReportCenter tab of the main form. The layout is as followed:

Report Name: MonthlyTimeCardDetail
Form Name: ReportCenter Payroll (the command button titled cmdMonth is located here. this command button has a macro on the On Click event)
Form Name: ParametrizedReportMonthDetail (which has a macro on the On Load event)

The report, as I previously stated, has two fields that I want to filter on, Employee Name and EOMonth. Can someone assist me with this. I have attached a sample of the database.
Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Oct 30 2017, 09:12 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: Try again with the attachment. Don't see it there ...

Make sure it is zipped and under 2MB ...

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

cmace_bra
post Oct 30 2017, 09:16 PM
Post#3

Sorry about that. Here it is...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  sample.zip ( 364.68K )Number of downloads: 6

RJD
post Oct 31 2017, 12:00 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Sorry, but I am pretty much lost in how you have designed your forms and how you are displaying the "report" request. Looks like you have made this WAY more complicated than it should or needs to be.

I would have put the comboboxes for the two fields above the list of reports, then changed the report queries to limit (criteria) on the combobox contents, then just previewed the report.

But then, you know what you are trying to do and how you want this laid out, and I do not.

Perhaps someone else could take a look at your db and guide you on this.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

cmace_bra
post Nov 1 2017, 01:11 PM
Post#5

It's actually not something that I wrote, It's a database that I found on the web downloaded it and manipulated it. I was trying to understand what the person who wrote it was doing, can anyone assist?

RJD
post Nov 1 2017, 02:26 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

It's actually not something that I wrote, It's a database that I found on the web downloaded it and manipulated it. I was trying to understand what the person who wrote it was doing, can anyone assist?

Hmmm ... well, that explains a lot. You really should start with your business requirements and proceed from there, using examples to guide you as appropriate - not just copying something you found somewhere. Trying to figure out what someone else meant in a design (and changing it) without knowing anything about their requirements, thought processes, situation or skill level can be pretty futile.

HOWEVER, I did look at the third tab on the form, un-grouped all those controls (almost all having nothing in them), deleted pretty much all of them, added the employee and month comboboxes (changing the approach to the values in the month combobox), referenced the controls in the report query, then previewed the report instead of doing whatever you were trying to do with the form/data. And note that the report was redesigned a bit to accommodate what you seemed to want.

See if this gets you further toward your objective. But again, if you are trying to build a db, start with your own requirements and business processes, and use examples mainly to help guide you in constructing your own product.

HTH
Joe
Attached File(s)
Attached File  sample_cmace_bra_UA_Rev1.zip ( 354.38K )Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:08 PM