UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error On Loading, Access 2010    

rizmin
post Nov 6 2017, 01:35 AM
Post#1

HI UA Nation!

I am running an MS access application thru Network share, I have did some modification on the code thru the network and I can still open the application but for can't open from the others computer thru the same network and appearing the error as in the attached. How I can rectify this error? What was the possible mistake was happened during my editing?

Thank you all .
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture.JPG ( 55.02K )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 6 2017, 06:44 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

The error message says there is a network connection problem. "The network connection may have been lost."

That means there is probably something wrong with your network.

It is possible there is a problem with the accdb, but it is more likely that the error message is accurate--there is a problem connecting to the accdb across your organization's network.

Contact your IT support to determine what, if anything, is wrong with the network.

It is also possible that someone with a newer version of Access--either 2013 or 2016--has opened a shared accdb. That resets any references to that newer version. I would investigate that as well.

If you are letting more than one person open the same accdb Front End, this is only one of the problem that can cause. Of course, they should all have their own separate copy of the Front End which all connect to the same shared accdb Back End. No one should ever open the Back End directly. Make sure this is also not the problem.

--------------------

rizmin
post Nov 6 2017, 07:27 AM
Post#3

Hi George,

How i can use any MS ACCESS program thru network without any issues? Any suggested article to use the MS Access thru network?

Thank you

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 6 2017, 07:59 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Well, there are many articles discussing the most appropriate deployment for Access applications.

The standard method is to start with a split database.

Splitting means that you create TWO accdbs. One contains only the tables. The other contains the interface objects--forms and reports, queries and code (VBA or macros).

The accdb with the tables in it is called "Back End". The accdb with the interface objects in it is called "Front End."

The Back End, or BE, is placed in a shared network location.

Each user in your organization gets a copy of the Front End, or FE.

YOU, the developer, keep the master copy of the Front End in a location to which only you have permissions. That way you can continue to a) develop it without interfering with users, and b) restore or deploy new copies of the FE to users as needed.

A search in Bing or Google on "Front End" or "Back End" or "split Access" (or variations of those terms) will turn up numerous discussions. There are some good ones here, including our Wiki. Here's one solid discussion.

I don't know for sure that this problem is directly the result of an unsplit accdb (you didn't mention one way or the other), but if you have yet done that, today would be a good day to take care of it.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 01:38 AM