UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Compare One Row To Another - Delete Oldest Row By Date With Same Id, Office 2013    

bakersburg9
post Nov 12 2017, 03:05 PM
Post#1

I have a form in a workbook where the user types text updates in the last two columns on the far right side of the spreadsheet - the records (rows) they need to edit have a unique identifier, the HouseKey - So they open the Excel doc and see data for each job - there is just one line for each house. The data goes from A to Z, with two blank columns, Status and Outcome, in columns AA and AB - I can't figure out how to get it so they can type in the House Key ID and the data would pop up in the form (Just relevant data, not 26 items showing on the form - if they just create a new line (via input in the form, maybe with a drop-down for the House Key ID, and input the values for the two fields in AA and AB, Status and Outcome, is there a way I could keep the data for all columns, and just have the update for the values in AA or AB ? I know I could probably push everything to Access, the one table, and make a copy of the table join on the key ID (House Key), and run an update query, but that's kind of messy and convoluted
Attached File(s)
Attached File  UserInputForm_WithDropDowns.zip ( 44.07K )Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

larai
post Nov 13 2017, 03:36 PM
Post#2

I believe I used the controlsource property on the form. Sadly I don't remember how I used to navigate to the correct record (row).
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2017 - 11:14 PM