UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Each Company Name, Access 2016    

wornout
post Nov 16 2017, 04:47 PM
Post#1

I am trying to add signature lines for each company name
the company name field is in the details section or this could be company id
My signature line is a Label called signaturelineco and it is in the footer
I am trying to achieve how ever many companies there are to add that many signature lines
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Nov 16 2017, 04:52 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

wornout,

> My signature line is a Label called signaturelineco and it is in the footer

"The footer" is not descriptive enough. There is the page footer and the report footer. If your report needs to show some ABC company data and then the ABC company signature, then the DEF company data then the DEF company signature, you'll want a Group footer based on the company id.

Without knowing more about what this report is showing, and how that data is organized, it's hard to give specific advice.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

wornout
post Nov 16 2017, 05:05 PM
Post#3

The signature lines are in the report footer
from the start
I have a query that has the data filtered to clientid in a form so the query brings up the client name(first and last) and any company names and companyIDs owned by that client
The report runs of this query
I have a nothing in the page header or clientheader(it is grouped on clientID with footer)
In the detail section I have ClientID first Name, Last Name,CompanyID, Company Name(I did it this way so it lists all companies they have on the one page because I want everything to be on one letter )
In the clientID footer I have OLEUnbound0 which is a short letter I copied and pasted from an excel form
On the page footer I have signature line which is a label
Hope that Helps

doctor9
post Nov 16 2017, 05:16 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

wornout,

> The signature lines are in the report footer
> On the page footer I have signature line which is a label

These are two different footers. The page footer is good for things like the page number. The report footer is at the very end, after everything else.

It might help if you described what you want to see. You said something about clients and companies owned by the client. Do you want to see this?

Client A
- Company 1 owned by Client A
- Company 2 owned by Client A
- Company 3 owned by Client A
Client A signature line

Client B
- Company 1 owned by Client B
- Company 2 owned by Client B
Client B signature line

If so, you should put the textbox that displays the client name in a Group Header based on the client id, and the textbox that displays the client signature line in Group Footer based on the client id.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.

wornout
post Nov 16 2017, 07:04 PM
Post#5

god so sorry
> The signature lines are in the report footer
> On the page footer I have signature line which is a label

These are two different footers. The page footer is good for things like the page number. The report footer is at the very end, after everything else.

it is in the page footer

I need to see a separate signature line for each company the client owns.

Clientabc number 4444
(Who Owns) companysdf number 789
companyhjk number 987

(Bunch of other stuff here)

signature line for companysdf number 789

signature line for companyhjk number 987

wornout
post Nov 16 2017, 07:11 PM
Post#6

Not sure how but I have a company count which counts the number of companies could I say something like if company count is>0 then add signature line x company count number?
Looks like I am asking the impossible from what I have read
Might have to go visible = True and put a few on the report
but how do I get it to use the company count number.

doctor9
post Nov 17 2017, 09:19 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess Editor

wornout,

Okay, I think I see where I got confused. You want to list the companies owned by Client A, then you want the signature lines for those companies. I mistakenly thought you wanted the signature lines for clients.

In that case, create a separate report that shows ALL of the company signature lines in the Detail section. In the RecordSource for this report include the foreign key field that identifies the client that the company is owned by.

Then, add this report as a subreport in your existing report in the Group Footer for the client id, using the client primary key as the Parent and the foreign key as the Child.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 03:41 PM