UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Side Menu Interface Revisioned, Any Version    

umarani15
post Nov 22 2017, 12:59 AM
Post#1

NOTE: This question was originally posted as a reply to this discussion from 2011.

Your creation is very nice. I tried in my ongoing project. Its working well. But I have faced two situation:
1. It is not compatible with 64 bit.
2. It is not working from network. I mean, I placed this file of yours v10 on server (Network) and tried to open but not worked.
Can you please assist on above.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

umarani15
post Nov 23 2017, 05:39 AM
Post#2

Can Anyone help me to convert the attached file into ACCDE formate.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SideMenuInterface_v10_a2007_Final.zip ( 801.7K )Number of downloads: 28
Attached File  SideMenuInterface_v10_a2007_Final.zip ( 801.7K )Number of downloads: 12

moke123
post Nov 23 2017, 06:21 AM
Post#3

I would have tried but I'm not going to read thru the other post to figure out the password.
As far as running on the network, you do have the front end on your local machine I hope.

jhcarrell
post Nov 28 2017, 03:36 PM
Post#4

@umarani15

First things first. As noted in my earlier thread, the interface should be considered as conceptual experiments and examples rather than a finished interface ready for deployment to end users. My work on the side menu built upon the work of another (even earlier) example. It was also built with MS Access 2007 and a far amount has changed since then. There are some things accomplished in the example interface that could be done better and more efficiently now. It is not surprising (or even unexpected) that people toying with this example today (much less trying to deploy it) will run into issues. You have been warned.

That being said, as a rule of thumb, any MS Access app that's going to be deployed to multiple users needs the be split into a front end (what the users see) and a back end (the data that governs it). Individual copies of the front end would need to be deployed to each machine that will use it, and a single copy of the database would be hosted on the network (e.g. a shared drive). Tip: As a troubleshooting step after the FE and BE are split, check the linked table manager to ensure the FE is pointed to the correct BE on the share.

Another Tip .... Don't use ambiguous drive names (e.g. S:) or server specific names when linking to your BE. Your best bet is to configure (or have configured) a server neutral alias for your share, and then link to that. This will save you a ton of headaches caused by server migrations.

As to troubleshooting your specific issue or any others related to this interface, I must apologize ... I haven't touched it in years and do not have the time or motivation to re-familiarize myself with it in order to provide any type of ongoing support for it.

It is offered "As-Is" for anyone wanting to continue experimenting with it.

jc

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 06:18 PM