UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multi-dimensional Array To Multicolumn Listbox, Access 2003    

abadmi
post Nov 25 2017, 03:17 AM
Post#1

Hello, I've been following this forum for a while and learning from it, today I need help to do the following:

I have a multidimensional array and I want to pass it to a multicolumn listbox in a pop-up formulary so that you can click on it to choose a value from it, and I do not know how to do it.

The case is that the array I have it full (5x4), I have created a form only with a listbox of 5 columns, but I do not load the data of the array in the listbox when the pop-up form is opened.

If someone can help me, I would be very grateful.

A greeting.

Sorry for my English (translated with the google translator)
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 25 2017, 11:00 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi abadmi,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

I am guessing Colin meant to say to use Join rather than Split. Make sure your Listbox Row Source Type is set to Value List and then apply your Regional separator for a Listbox Row Source. For example, in the U.S., we use a semicolon, so I might use something like the following code:

Me.Listbox.RowSource = Join(ArrayName, ";")

Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

slacka
post Yesterday, 02:51 AM
Post#3

Be careful doing that. Value lists have a limited amount of characters you can use. That confused the [censored] out of me because I'm new to access and had a growing list of usernames (+ info) that one day went past that limit (which i didn't know existed, my bad).
I only use value lists with non-growing lists that I know are within limit (obviously). Otherwise, i just import the data into a temp table and use that as the listbox source.
This post has been edited by slacka: Yesterday, 02:54 AM

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 08:01 PM