UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Export To Word Running Sum Outline, Access 2016    

tammycody
post Nov 26 2017, 04:36 PM
Post#1

I have a report with two levels of grouping and a detail section. I have a running sum textbox for both grouping levels that mimics an outline on my report. Such as A, 1, 2, 3, B, 1, 2, C, 1, 2, 3, 4. This works perfectly when I view the report and it also works perfectly when I export the report to Word using the Export function on the External Data tab.

I want to add a button on my report to perform the export. I have used the simple code DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport ("SavedExportName"). This code performs my export, but when I open the file generated, the outline from the running sum text box doesn't output correctly. It outputs as A, 1, 1, 1, A, 1, 1, A, 1, 1, 1, 1. I do not understand why the running sum textbox outputs correctly when using the Saved Export ribbon, but does not work when using VBA. I also tried using the code Docmd.OutputTo with the same incorrect running sum outline. Any suggestions for why this textbox doesn't output correctly when exporting via VBA?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 30 2017, 08:08 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Perhaps someone could make some suggestions if we could see the actual VBA and the query and report.

Maybe you can upload it here for review.

Create a sample copy with just enough data to see how it works. Compact and repair it. Compress it into a ZIP file. Upload the ZIP file here.

Thanks.

--------------------

RJD
post Nov 30 2017, 10:45 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: Just a thought for things to try:

1. Hide the running sum control with =1, then create a new control referencing the running sum control. See if the new control works.

2. Create the report's running sum sequence in the record source query and use that in the report.

Just some ideas ...

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 08:41 PM