UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Dao V 12 Missing, Any Versions    

johnpdmccall
post Nov 26 2017, 05:07 PM
Post#1

Hi Folks

I'm using the SQL Migration Assistant for Access for the first time to migrate an Access database to SQL and getting the error re DAO provider version 12.0
Any ideas where I can download it and how ti install it? I can't find anything by searching the Microsoft Download Center.

--------------------
Cheers,
John
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 26 2017, 05:58 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

You probably downloaded the most recent version of SSMA. It supports ONLY 64 bit Access. If you are using 32 bit Access, you'll want to go back to a previous version which still supports 32 bit Access. Or you can try to find an appropriate version of DAO. I will go look up the specifics, but I'd probably just go find SSMA in a version that will support your needs.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 26 2017, 06:04 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

It looks like you can probably use the 64 bit version of Access runtime to get around this problem, but as I say, it's probably more hassle than just going to SSMA 7.0 or so, which isn't quite so obnoxious (there, I said it out loud).

--------------------

johnpdmccall
post Nov 26 2017, 08:17 PM
Post#4

Thanks George, I installed Access Runtime 2013 64 bit and that allowed me to get the job done (currently with SSMS 7.6)
I'll try going back a version of SSMS and see if it works without the need for Access Runtime 2013 because I don't like having more than one version of Access on any machine.
I'm using Office 2016 click to install.

--------------------
Cheers,
John

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 01:41 AM