UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updating Values In A Table Based On The Combination Of Values In The Columns In The Same Table, Any Version    

rashokku
post Nov 27 2017, 09:47 PM
Post#1

First of all the thanks for your help. Attachment is the spec which I am explaining below.

Columns in table:
--------------------
MemberID (Primary Key):
COL1
COL2
COL3
COL4
COL5
COL6
COL7
COL8
COL9
COL10
COL11
COL12

I have 13 columns in a table in MS Access database as above. I would like to update the columns based on the combination as in the attached specification.
For example, if the combination is "9, 10, 11, 12" (if atleast four or more of the 12 columns has all the four values in any order - let us say
COL1 = 10, COL2 = 9, COL3 = 12, COL4 = 11, COL5 = 12 then update the columns with 8.

Attachment has combination and the values to be updated. Another example, from attachment/spec. If the combination is "111, 112"
(atleast two of the columns having each of the values) then update the columns with 110.

Anybody can provide insights on the approach.

Thanks,
Ram
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 28 2017, 06:42 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Welcome to UtterAccess.

What is the BUSINESS process you are modeling here? Hiding the real names of the fields in your table by using aliases for your question does little to help understand what you are doing here.

Tell us about what you are trying to do and perhaps we can steer you in a better direction.

--------------------

projecttoday
post Nov 28 2017, 07:52 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

There is no attachment in your post.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

Jeff B.
post Nov 28 2017, 08:10 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

When I see twelve (col1 - col12) columns/fields in a table, I immediately think of months (Jan - Dec). What are you attempting to model?

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 03:46 AM