UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel Crashes When Saving Via Qat, Office 2013    

ADezii
post Nov 29 2017, 10:11 AM
Post#1

I have a rather strange problem that I simply cannot resolve. I am using Excel 2016 under an Office 365 Account and periodically, whenever I perform a Save via the QAT, Excel crashes and all changes are lost subsequent to the last Save Operation. The Spreadsheet in question is a Macro Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm) and this happens on other Spreadsheets as well. CTRL+S will always Save the File without question but using the QAT for a Save Operation is a hit or miss proposition. Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Nov 29 2017, 12:58 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Have you tried an Office Repair?
What about updating or Reverting the build of your Office installation (maybe it's a bug with your current build?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

ADezii
post Nov 30 2017, 08:10 AM
Post#3

Thanks Daniel, I will try both of your suggestions.

dflak
post Nov 30 2017, 01:08 PM
Post#4

Utter Access VIP

FYI: If you are renting the software from Microsoft, you are entitled to technical support. I've found them to be very responsive. You can log in, ask for a call-back. The longest I've ever waited was 15 minutes. Several times, the callback was immediate!

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

DanielPineault
post Nov 30 2017, 01:14 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Did not know that. Thank you for sharing.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

dflak
post Nov 30 2017, 01:21 PM
Post#6

Utter Access VIP

I have been pleasantly surprised with the support I get under 365 - there are a couple of other benefits like skype minutes, expanded cloud storage and if you have a spare license, you can "lend" it to a friend. If the friend has an MS Login Account, then the friend can manage the account as if it were his own. As long as you keep paying the bill, the friend has access, upgrades and support.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

ADezii
post Nov 30 2017, 02:01 PM
Post#7

@dflak:
Was also unaware of this, thanks. I do pay $9.99/month for a Subscription to Office 365.

dflak
post Dec 1 2017, 08:25 AM
Post#8

Utter Access VIP

I rent it by the year smile.gif - Office 2016 has some technical issues by I am satisfied with the support.

--------------------
Dan

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 04:13 AM