UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Late Binding, Access 2016    

whitechair
post Nov 29 2017, 01:51 PM
Post#1

I have been usng an access file and wanted someone else in my office to access it. I downloaded Access Runtime 2016 for her, but when I tried to open the file it gave this error: "Your Microsoft Access Database or project contains missing or broken reference to the file MSOUTL.OLB version 9.6. I had installed the Microsoft Outlook 16.0 Object Library so that I could email right from an Access form.

I couldn't access the reference library in VBA from the access run-time so I looked up some info on it and it looks like my best option is to switch to Late Binding. So now I'm combing through my VBA project to locate anything related to Outlook and changing the references for a constant to a numeric value. I've been using this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/of...lAttachmentType
for reference.

so far I've switched: .BusyStatus = olOutOfOffice to .BusyStatus = 3

And it worked great. But I am struggling to find other references that need switching and when I do I can't seem to find them in the link to understand what they need to be switched to. I removed the reference library from the list to see where it would error out and it listed this line:

It would be so much easier if I could just access the reference libraries for the access run-time. Is there a better way to do this?

--------------------
Jeff Moseler
Access 2007
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 29 2017, 01:54 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Jeff,

Does the other computer with only Access Runtime installed not have Office or Outlook installed? If not, what would it take to install Office or just Outlook?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

whitechair
post Nov 29 2017, 03:10 PM
Post#3

It does have Office with Outlook installed. 2013 I believe.

--------------------
Jeff Moseler
Access 2007

theDBguy
post Nov 29 2017, 04:16 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Can you match their version of Outlook? Each version uses a different library reference.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

DanielPineault
post Nov 29 2017, 07:57 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

These might help shed some light on late binding and Outlook.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

PhilS
post Nov 30 2017, 10:17 AM
Post#6

So now I'm combing through my VBA project to locate anything related to Outlook and changing the references for a constant to a numeric value.

If your main concern is getting the values of the constant values for all the enums, I've got an easy solution for you.

On my website. there are modules with all those constants (as of Office 2013) available for download. Just import the module into your Access application and you're done with them.
http://codekabinett.com/page.php?Theme=10&...ants-VBA-module

Re-Declaring those constants is much better than replacing all the constant with the numeric values, because the names do provide quite a lot of help understanding you code.

You still need to replace the actual object variable types with Object, though.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 09:08 PM