UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel Template Via Userform To Print Data, Office 2007    

Kruzer
post Nov 29 2017, 09:48 PM
Post#1

This is a new adventure for me smile.gif.

Goal: Create a userform in Excel that will allow a non-techy user to enter required data to print on a pre-printed form. When the file is opened, I would like:
1) to have the form be the only thing my colleague sees and works from;
2) previous data cleared for new data; (if more than one form needs to be prepared, would need a way to clear the data without having to close/reopen the file)
3) print the layout sheet from a command button.

The pre-printed form has blanks where data is to be filled in. I have a sheet for the data, a sheet for the layout with the cells specified from the data sheet, a sheet with lists and a userform.
1) On the userform, some of the controls need to be formatted for either date, phone number percentage or currency. Have been googling but not sure what to use.
2) For the rent options, I would like an if statement that says if option Rent is chosen, display text box for user to enter details or if option "Non-Profit" is chosen, enter the text "Non-Profit" (user would not need to see the text box in this case).

In the past, I had created a .pdf fillable form but this was always adjusting on the page and became very frustrating to me. I have since added this to an access database but it would be too complicated for my colleague plus I haven't figured out how I can share the database. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated as always.

Attached File  Temp_Lease_Template_v1.zip ( 27.77K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
Cheers,
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 30 2017, 08:10 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

What is the question? Are you soliciting someone to do this for you? Or asking advice about some problem you've encountered trying to implement it?

--------------------

Kruzer
post Nov 30 2017, 10:00 AM
Post#3

Looking for help/guidance or direction to resource(s) that I can learn how to do what I'm trying to do. Still learning VBA by doing.

To start with:
1) How do I format the controls on a userform for data to be entered in proper format?
2) Looking for a reference to an IF statement that will display/hide a text box or enter text in it depending on the option chosen.

There will be more questions I'm sure. Maybe someday I will be able to have time to complete a VBA course.

--------------------
Cheers,

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 02:45 PM