UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exporting Report Into A Single Html File With Images And Lines, Access 2016    

ori0n
post Nov 30 2017, 09:31 AM
Post#1

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to access and I am trying to export my report into a single html file. Below are some problems I encounter:
1. It generated many html files because I have a relatively long list. It also comes with previous and next page. I am trying to have everything in a long page.

2. The images in my data is not reflected in the html. The image area is blank.

3. Border lines on by Report are not showing in the html file(s)

Please kindly advise if what I am trying to do is possible.

Ideally I am trying to have my report embeded into the MS Outlook email but I am more than happy to have it in a single html file with images as well as the borderlines in place.

Thanks in advance!
Justin
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Nov 30 2017, 09:45 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Justin,

I'm not aware of a way to "export" a report to HTML format automatically. However, years ago I created some code to build an HTML file from scratch using data from a query. Depending on the complexity of your report, and your skills with VBA, this may be something you want to look into.

The first step to this would be to create a test report manually. You can do this in Word. However, rather than just using the HTML created by Word (which frankly is excessive and hard to read, IMHO), you can use this web page to convert the Word file contents to clean HTML. Once your test report looks good in a web browser and the HTML is fairly easy to read, the next step will be to write a subroutine that re-creates an exact copy of this file using code.

The code I created was heavily based on a chapter in "Access 97 For Dummies" - specifically the chapter on Publishing Data for the Web that was on the included CD. I did say it was years ago, after all. smile.gif

Hope this helps,

Dennis

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but any images that appear on your HTML page will need to be separate from the HTML file. You can't combine them into one file.

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

ori0n
post Nov 30 2017, 12:41 PM
Post#3

Hi Dennis,

Thanks so much for your reply. Let me have a look and will let you know if it works smile.gif

Very much appreciated!!

Justin

zocker
post Nov 30 2017, 03:16 PM
Post#4

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

you can add an image to an HtML file using an 'undocumented' feature. Its HERE

All the best,

Zocker

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.

ori0n
post Dec 1 2017, 06:27 AM
Post#5

Thanks for your advices.

Didn't know this request itself is so tedious. I am seriously having problems as I'm not savvy with the codings. Appreciate lots.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 07:55 AM