UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Design Logic Help Needed, Access 2010    

LilAnnCC1
post Dec 6 2017, 08:44 AM
Post#1

We have a complicated "Point" system regarding employee absences. It's only complicated because management makes it so. smirk.gif

Employees having unexcused absences get Points assigned. After an accumulation of X number of points, they get a written warning. When an employee reaches the magic number of 24 points, they are terminated.

Management implemented this new point policy on 11/1/2017 and everyone employed on that date has to go until 11/1/2018 without an accumulation of more than 4 points in order to earn a "Free" paid day off. Employees hired after 11/1/2017, start on their hire date. Points disappear from Employee's totals 1 year after the date the point was given. In other words, if I got a point on 11/2/2017, that point would not be counted in my total as of 11/3/2018.

Warnings need to be given when the accumulated points total 12, 16, 20 and 24 (Termination). The Absence table consists of:

ABID (PK)
EmpID (FK)
AbsentDate (Date)
AbsentReasonID (FK)
AbsentHours (Number--total number of hours absent)
AbsentPoints (Number--Point(s))

I need a way to generate warnings at the above intervals. Once the employee receives a warning, they can't receive another warning until they reach the next threshold. This is where I am stuck. How would you tackle this?

--------------------
I am eternally grateful to all the people here who continually help get me out of jams!

Access 2010
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 10:23 PM