UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Powerapps Subforum    

Rose_gardener
post Dec 6 2017, 08:47 PM
Post#1

Hello Folks:

Has there been any discussion about starting a new subforum for PowerApps. I know I'd be interested in having a "go to" subforum for questions about PowerApps. Increasingly my clients are asking for web capabilities and I'm looking at hybrid applications SQL Server, MS Access (for an on premise high powered solution) and PowerApps for basic web capabilities. Since hybrid applications are becoming the norm, having a subforum dedicated to PowerApps would be wonderful.

I've tried taking my questions to Microsoft's support community. But, bottom line UtterAccess is my preferred support community. The only thing you're missing is a subforum for PowerApps.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 6 2017, 09:25 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

I'll bring this up with the UA Admin Team.

In short, PowerApps have been somewhat separate from Access since their introduction, even though they were promoted as an alternative to Access Web Apps. For one thing, they do not connect to accdbs as a data source. But it's probably a good idea to have a place where they can be discussed here.

--------------------

Rose_gardener
post Dec 8 2017, 11:43 AM
Post#3

I'll bring this up with the UA Admin Team.

In short, PowerApps have been somewhat separate from Access since their introduction, even though they were promoted as an alternative to Access Web Apps. For one thing, they do not connect to accdbs as a data source. But it's probably a good idea to have a place where they can be discussed here.

Firstly - thank you for your willingness to bring it up with the Admin team.

I agree with your assessment of PowerApps. Actually - it's one of the reasons I would prefer a subforum here, rather than to depend on Microsoft's developer community. If there is a subforum here - then the discussion is more forthright about capabilities, workarounds, etc...

After failing with Access Web Apps and infopath - Microsoft seems to be making a real push for PowerApps as the "final solution". PowerApps is probably here to stay.
This post has been edited by Rose_gardener: Dec 8 2017, 11:43 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 8 2017, 11:46 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

We're working on getting something set up. Stay tuned. Thanks.

--------------------

Rose_gardener
post Dec 8 2017, 12:38 PM
Post#5

Wonderful - happy to hear this.

And thank you to all involved.

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 9 2017, 10:38 AM
Post#6

UA Admin