UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> How's My Relationships Diagram Looking?, Access 2016    

Art_Of_War
post Dec 7 2017, 04:13 AM
Post#1

Preamble

Hi all, I am designing an Orders and Accounts database for a client who owns a music store. Today he had a look at my database and gave me the feedback I needed to restructure it a little bit to accommodate a Supplier table.

ER Diagram

Here's the Relationships diagram:

Attached File  Relationships_7Dec17.JPG ( 62.01K )Number of downloads: 26

Let me know what you think, it works well in practice (I've designed all my forms and reports) but there could be a few things I'm missing.

Questions...

For example, will my client need the Supplier details to be a) all-inclusive (of address, city, state etc.) or b) simple (e.g. just the Supplier name, phone, mobile and email)? I get the sense that he wants the latter, and perhaps, if that is so, I can cut down the Client table so that it only contains the bare minimum of fields, i.e. FName, LName, and Phone/Mobile. He hasn't specified whether he will want to manually enter all the Client details into the database, including Address, City, State, Postcode, Phone, Mobile, Email, and again he comes across as wanting to enter the bare minimum of data into this database for it to run smoothly and do what he needs it to do:

The Crunch

a) place Orders from Suppliers, and
b) keep Accounts for Clients.

Kind regards,
Art_Of_War.
This post has been edited by Art_Of_War: Dec 7 2017, 04:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 08:40 PM